Refinished AK stock

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by bamaboy06, Feb 1, 2008.

1. bamaboy06

bamaboy06 Member

My buddy decided that he wanted to refinish the stock on his AK47.He sanded it down to the grain and stained it with a Mahogany type stain.He used the aerosol type polyurethane and applied two coats.This thing looks like it has a layer of glass over the wood.It looks great and it feels even better.He currently has my original AK stock and one of my SKS stocks and is giving them the same treatment.He asked me to post a pic of the stock and see what people thought about it.
    [​IMG]

2. Ari

Ari Guest

You got a little bigger photo? I likes vwey nice from what I can see

3. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

That does look very nice!

4. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

That looks great! Looks like brand new wood!

5. If I had one I'd do that to it. Pretty sweet.

6. bamaboy06

bamaboy06 Member

O.K. Ari, I resized the pic.Hope that gives you a little better view of it.It's really one of those times when you just have to be there and hold the rifle in your hands to appreciate the time and effort that he puts into his work.

7. cd

cd Guest

that looks really good, nice job

8. 713832281

713832281 Member

very nice! i would like to do that to mine.

9. I would also like to do something like that to mine, but I never can find the time to do it.

10. Meatcleaver

Meatcleaver Guest

Not to bad...

..Here is mine (top) and my brothers AK-47's that i redone with Black Walnut...His front was lowered and fatened to fit his big paws. Both stocks have about 2 inches added for better feel. Plus i branded our mark on the stocks as well.

[​IMG]

11. bamaboy06

bamaboy06 Member

Those are some nice looking stocks Meatcleaver.