Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some before pics

Broke it down, that was harder than I thought it would be, then I covered the internals and blasted it with some fine grit metal media with a detail sandblaster

Then I cold blued it with some bluing compound my gunsmith friend gave me (I do not know the brand), it came out with a very even almost parkerized look, I am very pleased with the way it came out, I changed a couple of things from this pic like polishing the end of the slide retainer pin, the chamber, the feed ramp and the rear piece in the second pic (firing pin retainer?), I hand carved the oak grips prior to this project.

·
Registered
222 Posts
panoz that's a beautiful job. I was always told that bluing never turns out right. Obviously it does. I like that very much.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the key to cold blueing is the preparation of the surface. This was blasted as stated then went over with alcohol, then applied several coats of the cold blue. If you just try to touch up spots without at least cleaning away oils with alcohol your results would be poor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.