Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all, I bought a tin of "Tom's 1/3 Mix" and stripped, degreased and then handrubbed this product onto the stock and I couldn't be happier with the results. This is the first rifle I have used this on but it won't be the last. It turns out to be the cleanest and nicest looking Turk that I own out of 5 and also the best shooter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks good! Nice work

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks great! Do you have some before shots so we can see the difference?

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
Krippp, or anyone. What is the purpose of the hole in the side of the stock. I have a Turk like this one but no idea about that hole.

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
Thanks for the answer regarding the hole.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You have quite the set-up there with the tree...where can i get one of those "gun holders?"

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Where did you get the Tom's, isn't it considered a hazardous material? I am curious to know what it cost to ship it I guess.

·
Registered
831 Posts
wow, that's a pretty big difference!! Looks great Krippp :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
You, sir, are an artist! Very nice work!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Bump

I ordered up some Tom's 1/3 Natural on Thursday, and it was in my mail box on Saturday. I had a couple of stocks stripped that I was going to test some different finishes on, and thought "prefect timing".

This stuff is great! Rub in liberally (even if you are a conservative), wait an hour and wipe it off. Let it sit for 8 hours and repeat... 3 coats later, and you're done.

I polished the stock with 0000 steel wool between applications.

The final finish is extremely soft, smooth, and warm. None of that hard, impersonal poly feel. What is really nice is that it is just a wax and BLO base, so you can reapply the finish when ever.

I would use this on any mil surp for a resto that should have a dry type, or BLO finish.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice job on the stock Krippp, I will need to try that on my M-24/47 and the Enfield #4

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I ordered up some Tom's 1/3 Natural on Thursday, and it was in my mail box on Saturday. I had a couple of stocks stripped that I was going to test some different finishes on, and thought "prefect timing".
OK Zer0Daze
What is Tom's and were to you get it?

Thanks Bud

Jet

1 - 19 of 19 Posts