Reflex sight mounting question

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by mike62, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

The election gun run drained a lot of old stock, so it probably pushed up their time line. Worked out in your favor though. You could have been here complaining that your rds didn't fit your rail, like we've seen so many times before.

2. Douglas Plank

Douglas Plank Member

3. Douglas Plank

Douglas Plank Member

I know what you are trying to do. I used my big 30mm red dot scope and I have been able to co witness it with the front peg. The red dot really draws my eye and If I have both the front and rear (red dot) aligned.. then it's ultra fast and I hit EXACTLY where I am aiming.. BUT.. If you can't make them align by adjusting things... then just use the rear red dot. Get it sighted in and it will still work just hunky.

riverrover likes this.
  4. riverrover

riverrover Member

Yup, I've put aim points and scopes on rifles and just sighted them in independently based on cheek weld. Never worried about co-witnessing w/t iron sights. These rifles didn't have fold down sights so the optics were generally mounted just above the iron sight, site line anyway.

5. Douglas Plank

Douglas Plank Member

yes.. there are many options I happened to "try co witnessing due to the height of the Hi Point front sight AND because my favorite sights are.. peep sights. The big round glass is sort of a giant PEEP sight when used in conjunction with the front sight. I "know" where ... in my minds eye... the large round part of the front sight would be in relation to.. the round rear sight.. Thus... in a really FAST SIGHTING situation... i don't even have to turn the red dot on. I just throw down and shoot.. It certainly works ultra fast on plates up to 25 yds. THEN.. if i want.. I can turn on the red dot... cowitness with the front and be surgically accurate at 25 to 35 yds. Using that method at my local range I put over 100 rounds on a hole the size of a silver dollar. Wonderful little carbine!!

6. riverrover

riverrover Member

To be able to co-witness optics w/ irons is certainly best as you can use the same cheek weld and have that ingrained.

Douglas Plank likes this.