Reloading Q for 5.7x28

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Stryker1, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Looking for and load data that you guys might have found for the 5.7x28.

I have a friend that has a ps90 and a fiveseven pistol from FN and we are having a hardtime finding this reload data. anything you guys have on this would be awesome.

I know you cant put the data on here but please feel free to email me the info.

PM for details

2. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

3. A friend has the pistol, and I got a real kick out of shooting it. I really want a P90! If I could figure out how to afford it , I'd settle for the PS90. How is it to shoot?

4. I have not had a chance to shoot the pistol but the PS90 is awesome. I am getting one prolly in january or febuary. Good luck getting the P90. Hope you have the FFL for it lol.

Thanks for all of the help guys appreaciate it

5. Silicon Wolverine

A ture P90 is not legal for civilains in any way due to the 68 FOPA act. A leo may get one for official use but thats it. A SBR PS90 is as close as you can get.

SW

6. Yes, that's why I posted the way I did. I'm hoping for a very favorable ruling by SCOTUS in 2008. Then I will buy a real P90 over the counter, without the newly obsolete 4473 for whatever real, uninflated, list price should be. :wink: :D

7. Well good luck. I had a guy tell me all the drama just to get the short barrel put on. No thanks I will just shoot it as is. it would be sweet to rattle that short barrel off on full auto with a 50 rd magazine though!!!!

8. Ari

Ari Guest

It would be a fun to see what you could do with reloading out of a bolt action rifle with this round

9. It's a pretty small round. I doubt if it has anything more to offer in a bolt action than a .218 Bee, maybe not much more than a .22 rimfire magnum.
    I've been told, but have not been able to find any confirmation, that the .22 rimmag pistols have ballistics very similar to this round out of the handgun. If you can find actual ballistics posted somewhere, please let me know.

10. Silicon Wolverine

In teh handload neighborhood you can push the 5.7 hotter than any 5.56 out there. Some loads on the limit push .22-250 ballistics. FActory full power miitary ammo can penetrate a PASGT helmet at 600 meters.

SW

11. Yeah most of the Crono numbers for this round is over 2000fps out of a 5in barrel. I have heard that befor "well it is the size of a .22" Yeah but it is coming at you at 2200fps is using 55g projectile and they do have some great defensive rounds for it now. And you have 20 of them! 30 if you get the extended mag. I think it evtends the bottom like a half inch. The thing that I like the most is if you use a ps90 and a FiveseveN your long gun and pistol take the same ammo.

They aslo said to add 50fps for every inch of barrel after 5in.

Here is some of the gel shots. They are about 3/4 the way down the page.
    http://fivesevenforum.net/showthread.php?t=7348

12. I want a FN Fiveseven so bad i can taste it!!

13. Me tooooooo. I think in going for the ps90 first though

14. I'm curious, what is the huge draw to the Fiveseven? I understand its basically a rifle caliber in a pistol but why the love?

I have handled the 5-7 at my local shop and felt it was really well built but wasn't really attracted to it. As a matter of fact, my kid REALLY wanted one until he held it and was "Meh" about it.

15. Ari

Ari Guest

I just think it would be a real hot .17 HMR that I could reload.. If I could get a rifle like a Savage MKII for it.

16. Silicon Wolverine

The love comes from the fact you have a round thats hotter than pretty much anyhting else on the market coming out of a 5 inch barrel with 20 and 30 round mag options in a pistol just a tad bigger than a 1911.

The PS90 love comes from 50 round mags that lay horizontal on top and just the uber cool factor. Remember the calico love when they first came out? PS90 is the same deal.

SW

17. There is someone at my local range that shoots 5.7 rounds and throws the brass away... I should start saving that stuff as expensive as it is.

18. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

The 5.7 x28 ammo at my local gun stores ranges from $36.00 - $42.00 per fifty rounds. I keep the brass too, so one day I will be able to trade it for something I need.

19. Silicon Wolverine

wow thats high. The few stores that carry it around here are about 15-25 for 50.

SW

20. Primal Pick up that brass for me!!!!!!!!! I will take all of the 5.7x28 you can find!!!!!!