Reloading the 4595TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by RogueRat, Dec 12, 2015.

1. RogueRat

RogueRat Member

Does anyone out there reload for their .45 ACP Hi Point carbine?? Would appreciate some specific guidance on powder types for the 4595TS carbine. Good, bad etc.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I reload all of my ammo. I like Tite Group. Its easy to find around here.

3. rickm

rickm Member

If it wasnt for reloads none of my guns would get shot, I reload everything except 22lr and shotshells, And in the past and at the present im using bullseye but have other powders on hand for when i run out just havent used it yet.

4. RogueRat

RogueRat Member

4595TScarbine

I reload for everything I own too. My question was specific to the 4595TS .45 ACP +P carbine as I just got one and I'm not certain what powder to use. I've been told that the slower burning powders are best. The Sierra Bullet reloading book lists AA No. 5 and Unique for the 185 gr. JHP bullet.

5. rickm

rickm Member

i just load for the average 45acp dont have a need for the +p stuff usually use a 200 grain cast boolit was using a swc but changed over to a 228 rn cause some of my other guns didnt like to feed the swc

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I just load midway. Any More is a waste for plinking.

7. After sighting in my 4595 with some store boughts, and then putting the remainder of a couple of boxes (50 rnd each) down range. I shot about 20 rnds of 230 grn LRN Hi-Tek coated with Bullseye. They worked excellent for the carbine and for me. Nice thing about the coated bullets: load'em with the lead recipes, but there is no lead to bore contact. As stated above, I too, couldn't afford to shoot as much as I do without reloading. Worked up some 200 grn SWC, also BE, also Hi-Tek coated, that I plan to try the next time I'm out. Good luck!

"Existimo, ergo rursum".

I think, therefore I reload.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    With the 17.5 inch barrel, with slower powder you can probably get +P velocity without +P pressure.

The books out there are all looking at 3-5 inch barrels, probably, so you're going to be doing some testing to fine tune your load. Good news is...it's fun.;)

RogueRat, huh? As in the River in So. Oregon? I used to live in Medford.

9. RogueRat

RogueRat Member

Yup. Grants Pass. Been here since 1978. Wouldn't live anywhere else. Too old to move again anyway.

MOLON LABE:D

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome: RR!

I am working on a 28 round drum mag conversion for the 4595,
    the drums are about $50 and made for the 1911. Pix coming UP!

11. I use Auto Comp real consistent loads.