Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.rollcall.com/media/37552-1.html

Last year, lawmakers excoriated the CEOs of the Big Three automakers for traveling to Washington, D.C., by private jet to attend a hearing about a possible bailout of their companies.

But apparently Congress is not philosophically averse to private air travel: At the end of July, the House approved nearly $200 million for the Air Force to buy three elite Gulfstream jets for ferrying top government officials and Members of Congress.

The Air Force had asked for one Gulfstream 550 jet (price tag: about $65 million) as part of an ongoing upgrade of its passenger air service.

But the House Appropriations Committee, at its own initiative, added to the 2010 Defense appropriations bill another $132 million for two more airplanes and specified that they be assigned to the D.C.-area units that carry Members of Congress, military brass and top government officials.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The arrogance or the Democratic leadership is utterly amazing. They act as if they have no fear of the American voter or conscience to guide them. How much longer will any one be able to defend this bunch as they go from one outlandish act to the next.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Same Ole' S**T just another administration, although I am very surprised the current admin really thinks they can get away with the outlandish BS they are trying to pull, by time this gets over, the Bush Admin will look like the local city council voting on garbage pick up, this guy is really believing his own press way to much...

·
Registered
602 Posts
ya just can't trust a bunch of people who get to vote on their own pay - that goes for congress and board members of huge companies
ABSOLUTELY!!! +1000

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
The arrogance or the Democratic incompetent leadership is utterly amazing. They act as if they have no fear of the American voter or conscience to guide them. How much longer will any one be able to defend this bunch as they go from one outlandish act to the next.
There ya go, now it fits much better.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
In defense of Congress (I do play devil's advocate when I think the debate is unfair), they aren't accepting billions of bailout dollars. If the companies in question hadn't just required the Feds to infuse copious amounts of cash right in the jugular, there wouldn't have been any fuss.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
These devils don't need an advocate they do hypocrisy very well without one.

Do you not realize every dime they spend is ours or is grasping at straws all that's left.

·
Registered
602 Posts
In defense of Congress (I do play devil's advocate when I think the debate is unfair), they aren't accepting billions of bailout dollars. If the companies in question hadn't just required the Feds to infuse copious amounts of cash right in the jugular, there wouldn't have been any fuss.
Well...technically.....the Federal Government is in a constant and unending state of bailout. That's what taxes and fiscal year calendars are for.
They run the country every year, based on the budget they need and the expectation of what taxes they will take in "NEXT" year. They do this to consistently increase the budget based on the statistical trending of the gross domestic product.

It's a business model started in the 1970's, adopted by the government during the 1980's, and it's the reason we are constantly one step away from being owned by CHina when they call in all their federal reserve notes that they buy from us so that they can keep their money lower against the dollar so that it's cheaper to ship American jobs to china.

These devils (by that he ONLY means the democrats btw)don't need an advocate they do hypocrisy very well without one.

Do you not realize every dime they spend is ours or is grasping at straws all that's left.
That is the main point to remember. We the people, bail out the system every year. That's why it is so important to pay your taxes. Otherwise the government doesn't run, and all the things you enjoy about America, now get operated by Wal-Mart, and Chase Bank, at a small but constant FEE.
That's why every year conservatives in the House, try to cut back taxes on rich people, so that they can then invest their money into the Wal-Mart owned America, and be in the "founders Club", so that they don't have to pay as much, they just get a slight % of their investment dividend diverted to the private corporate accounts every year.
That's why the Bi-Partisan system is so important.

"A house Divided cannot stand."= Abe Lincoln

So as long as the Liberal Vs. Conservative battle keeps going, eventually conservatives will believe that they should never pay taxes, so they will stop and call it a point of "No taxation without representation", and the United States Government will Default, and a consortium of US corporations will buy the controlling federal bonds from the Chinese in exchange for cash, and a trade agreement that allows limitless free export to America from CHina, and crippling fines and penalties for anyone trying to ship complete "deliverables" to china.

At that point we are all owned by the company store, and the current conservatives can stop pretending they believe in family values and any of that stuff, and they can start ruling over the people like kings and despots. Since the military, and police, and fire, and medical, will all be private corporate operations, you really have no choice in the matter.
They will have saved us all from being taken over by communists, by taking us over with commerce.

Something else to consider is this.

Gulfstreams are NOT required. They could have and should have purchased Surplus freaking Regional Jets from Current Airlines who are selling parts of their fleet.
For the cost of 1 gulf stream they could have bought 3 used RJ's. Cause alot of RJ's are just sitting around. Not being flown. And they are cheaper to maintain and cheaper to fly than a Gulf Stream.

And adding 2 more just because you can shows you are more concerned with your own level of luxury. It's just pure greed.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
When I mean a particular group or sub-group I will point them out myself, as you can see Im not shy about doing so. The day I need some wet behind the ears toddler to presume my thoughts will be the day BO lets us in on the joke.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You are grouchy! You need a nap. And some pills or somethin. :brow:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
My sense of humor and tolerance ebbs low when people start dismantling my country.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Even made me laugh...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.