Remember when....?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rachgier, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

...you could go to the gas station and fill up for less than your first born child?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now check the date on the receipt. While my kid may be eating me out of house and home, at least I'll be able to afford the gas when I leave. :D

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

That's great! But, I really think we're going to end up paying for it in the long run, we always do. I guess we can enjoy it while it's here though.

3. Rachgier

The way my family eats every month, I end up getting between $1.75-$2.10 off per gallon; good for 20 gallons. The best I ever did was $3.00/ga around this time last year. I cooked 3 different Christmas meals and a New Year's Eve party. Christmas Eve at Dad's, Day at her Grandparent's, the Saturday following at my Grandmother's with my Mom and step-father, and then a huge New Year's bash at my house. It comes in handy with a Suburban that has a 28 gallon tank on it but only gets between 12-20mpg. I still miss my old 'burban and the 45 gallon fuel tank, just not the 6-12mpg. Driving from NY to Myrtle Beach on a single tank of gas was really nice, but the kids hated peeing in Gatorade bottles and the old lady flat out refused to pee in a coffee can on the fly. Kids and women seriously kill the fun on road trips...

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

That's funny. I drove OTR for a few years. I had a funnel with a hose that ran out the bottom of the cab. I often wondered what passerby's were thinking about that "water" running out in the parking lot!

5. Rachgier

You should have seen the look on her face when I took an old o2/nebulizer mask that didn't have the NRB ports on it and some surgical tubing, rigged her up a system, and presented it to her when she demanded a bathroom break. I can't remember if she threatened to kill me or cut off my junk while I was sleeping.

We stopped...eventually.

6. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I had to pay $2.93/gal yesterday and I'm burning about 15-16 gpm..... :mad:

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

We broke the 2.00$ barrier in MO, 1.97$- 1.99$, depending where your at.

8. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Haven't seen those prices since high school, cheapest I've seen is 2.15 here, I guess in louisiana we pay a little more for freshness since we have shell, exxon and a ton of other refineries here lol.

Getting 24mpg out of my old 92 isuzu 4x4, and the bike runs on hopes and dreams so its not much of a big deal.

9. papataylor

papataylor Member

We're at $2.37 in coal country. Va just passed a gas tax since ours was "lower than the national average" so I doubt we see sub $2.....

Oh well. I drive a manual Honda Accord, I buy snuff and keystone more than I buy gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

$1.85 and still dropping. OPEC can eat my shorts.

11. Fracman

Fracman Member

The oil prices have a lot of people including my self about what jobs will be lost at the beginning of 2015 could be a ghost town in North Dakota. I hope everyone enjoys their cheap gas

12. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Very possible....... But with lower gas prices, comes lower consumeable goods of every kind.. Which leads to more disposable income, which leads to stimulating the economy.... Maybe not the most ideal way for it to start, but it is s start....

13. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

When prices go down people drive more and buy less efficient vehicles, eventually it all evens out.

14. bluharley

bluharley Member

Funny how when gas prices are up, they all claim higher expenses so they raise prices, but I don't see energy, food, or any of the essentials come down when the gas prices come down, they just tell wall street their profits are up!

15. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

The oil industry has been cyclical for a long time. Prices are up and it is drill drill drill. Prices go down they slow down drilling and jobs are lost in the oil sector. This happens in a lot of different industries and is nothing new.