Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
18,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
remy is being way too closed mouth abotu this. i cant get anyone to tell me what the exact failure is. i did call in and they told me it was BOTH ammo and rifles that were being recalled but refused to tell me what was going on. freaky.

SW

· Banned
18,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i read a bit over on the reloadbench and one of teh guys over there got the info that its not a recall for repair. its a recall for compensation. you dont get your gun back! you get a coupon to buy another remington product. this is utter crap. this smacks of some kind of cover up to me. dangerous product get recalled and swept under the rug.

also the ammo that is recalled was built by an outside contractor for remington. rumor has it its CCI but no proof/confirmation. i wonder if remy QC is outsurced as well......

SW

· Banned
18,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
copied directly from the link in the op

PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING
AND RECALL NOTICE

17 HMR AMMUNITION AND MODEL 597® HMR SEMI-AUTOMATIC

DO NOT USE REMINGTON 17 HMR AMMUNITION IN SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIREARMS.

DO NOT USE THE REMINGTON MODEL 597 HMR SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE.

so either there is multiple models involved or something is screwy here.

ETA after some searching the 710 is a bolt action centerfire rifle that was recalled for breaking bolts. the 597 is a semi auto rimfire in 17 HMR that was recalled for an unknown reason. the 597 model in 17 HMR is no longer listed as an availble product.

SW

· Banned
18,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think remy might get sued over thier lowball price. you cant screw people over on a product liek that and not pay them full retail rpice. as long as they can com eup with proof of purchase price, remy should refund that in full

SW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.