Remington R1

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by lklawson, Feb 20, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So apparently I finally harassed the right number of people in the right order to get them to finally send me my R1. After being strung along for a frustrating period of time along with a number of excuses including the equivalent of my dog ate my homework, I finally got a tracking number and watched it as it arrived yesterday. However the kids were out of school because of the cold and I was home sick anyway and I wasn't about to go out and pick it up. Today I got off work early and came home got my daughter went to the store for groceries and then picked up my new acquisition.

My first impression when I saw it was "holy cow this is monstrously big." I'd forgotten how big these things are. I guess I've gotten spoiled to my PF9 and the like. It is not actually all that different in ddimensions from my CZ52, but the 52 just feels a lot slimmer in the hand for some reason. I don't know why yet.

I haven't gotten a chance to clean the shipping junk out of it yet, that will probably be a tomorrow chore. Not sure when I'll get the chance to shoot it either, what with the weather being like it is and me still having a cold and coughing almost as much as I breathe.

Anyway here are some obligatory pics, including one beside its Cold War opponent the CZ 52, and one beside another classic 45.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Very nice Kirk!.....

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Well if it's too much gun for you Sally, I'm sure there's a man around here that will take it off your hands.

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That's a nice looking pistol! I'm glad that you finally got some satisfaction from your dealings with Remington.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Got 150 rounds to feed it first. That'll help me figure out if I like it or not. :)

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

150 will be a good start, but I think you will like it. Where are your feet? :D

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I thought about that afterward. I guess I'll have to do a better job next time. :)

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I got first dibs, you know that right?

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Why would he give it to you knowing you'll surrender it if they ask you to? :p

Kirk, pay no attention to SWAGA. It's not a new Remington anymore so I'll gladly buy it as used. :D

10. Its pretty sexy. And way more so then it's cold war counter part. IMO.

11. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

No way is 150 rounds going to be enough to 'break it in'.

You'll need at least 250 rounds.

Then, and only then, will you be able to see if it is up to Hi-Point pistol's standards.

Truth!

eldar

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'm planning on having a break in party. I'm inviting all of my local friends to come and shoot it just bring some ammo and whatever they other guns they want just all have a good time breaking it in.

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You know its a evil killing device right?

14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What ya trying to say Moonz?

15. moona11

You know since you've returned to the far left guns are bad thing. Unless its a shotgun. :p Go nuy a shotgun he says. What ya do is shot it off your deck he says that will scare the badan away :p :p

16. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'm going to have to talk to Angie about installing a typonese translating program on the forum just for you..... :rofl:

17. moona11

I really need to read it before I post. Its a combo of stupid little letters on phone and fat thumb. And to lazy to edit. :-D

18. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Looks Like I need to send that box of ammo now ;)
    ...and back off SwagZ, I'm the one that persuaded him to take it, so:
    I've Got DIBS

:rofl:

19. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Let's not forget, Uncle Joe also told us to just shoot through your door.

20. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'm going to respectfully and politely request that we retain this thread for discussions of the R1, the 1911 platform, or guns in general, and directed away from political threads. I also ask that you direct any of your political threads to the appropriate darkrooms subforum. Thank you.