Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a friend wanting to sell me his Remington Viper .22. Has a 30 round clip and he takes very good care of his items. Was wondering if anybody has any experience with it and what would be a good price to offer him for it. Thanks.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the barrel, parts of the bolt and FP, and springs were steel. everything else was polymer. parts are hard to find, mags are even harder, and they wont withstand any kindof abuse at all.

as for price, LNIB rifles are selling for less than 80-100$ on gunbroker. with one hi cap id ofer him 100-125$ MAX.

yet another victim of the failed AWB.

SW

·
Registered
557 Posts
Have a friend wanting to sell me his Remington Viper .22. Has a 30 round clip and he takes very good care of his items. Was wondering if anybody has any experience with it and what would be a good price to offer him for it. Thanks.
Before you buy it-- just do a web search for the Remi 522 Viper-- or go to Rimfirecentral-- I almost traded for one-- glad I didn't. Remington makes great .22s, but this one wasn't one of them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A close friend had one when they first hit the market. It never would pattern consistently and jammed quite often as i remember. The Coolest thing I liked was the 10-shot clips had a plunger on the side that you pushed all the way to the bottom and basically just dumped ammo in.
Anyway, the friend got rid of it in a month and got a 10/22, and this guy is a remington nut. Like was stated above give it a quick search on the e-net and check gunsamerica to see what current prices are. Foremost, see if ya call trial run it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
dont buy it but if you do ive got one for parts pm me

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I am by no means a gun snob as long as a bullet leaves the barrel most of the times I pull the trigger I like it. My old 522 was not that it jammed more often then it cycled, it's firing pin didn’t hit hard enough and it felt like my old Daisy 880, but wasn't as accurate as the bb gun. I wouldn't buy on but that is just me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts