Removed Butt-Plate Springs

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Politically Unreliable, Oct 7, 2020.

1. 200 rounds of 45-70. Screw my shoulder. A $1.30+ per round, that's hell on the wallet!

Shopfox and fatal-bert33 like this.
  2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I use my sights at all times. I'm not a fan of point-and-shoot. I have too many guns I train with, and point-and-shoot requires muscle memory for a specific firearm.

Merle likes this.

3. Think1st

Florida
    Indeed. It's a lot easier to adopt something new, one technique at a time.

4. retread

retread Member

i remember one too, the original monkey stock.

riverrover and Think1st like this.
  5. retread

retread Member

same here, much better.

6. I use the sights, when I can see them. This is my bump-in-the-night gun. The sights are black and not that useful, even with a bright light mounted under the barrel. So, the laser is also activated with the pad. I also know where the rounds hit in relation to the white light's beam area on objects.

undeRGRound likes this.
  7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Yep, he's a good bit taller than Bull and I... Bull is about my height. First time he held my former G20, his eyes lit up like he's found his true love :love:
    :lol:

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

General consensus was couple of years ago that the original stock was flexibel (or sloppy) enough that it wasn’t needed.

riverrover likes this.
  9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Never paid a buck-thirty plus a round to shoot my 45-70.

Didn't I hear somebody say one time or another that you could not save money by reloading?

7000al, moona11 and undeRGRound like this.
  10. Yes. And I've never done it. It's not really a plinky-plink at the range type gun. If I eventually get a Henry lever, I may need to get a Lee hand reloading kit.

11. DevilDog58

DevilDog58 Member

I can do that with a 3' step stool. I'm only 6'2" so I am SUPER jealous!

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Are you related to T Rex?

13. Think1st

Florida
    I'm only 6'2", also, but I have 8' ceilings. If I get on a step stool, I can easily palm the ceiling.

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I've found most guys lie about their height like women and their age. They will tell me they are 6'2 and be shorter than me. I'm 6'0 but I can also read a tape measure

7000al, fatal-bert33 and undeRGRound like this.
  15. Think1st

Florida
    I'm actually taking a half inch off of what the Army always measured at weigh-ins after PT tests.

16. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

What! .......Not a pinker! ....Blasphemy!

The 45-70 is one of my favorite pinker! Especially the Buff Classic and 1873 Springfield. More fun than a .22!

17. Nope

18. Took the carbine out today. No issues of any kind. We'll see if longevity is an issue.