Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
H/P sent me 3 new mag springs for my C9. No more 1st round nose-dive with full mag. YEA! I kept reloading the mags to the 8rnd max and not one fail to feed like was happening in recent months. The new springs are close to 1/2" longer than the old springs and the metal looks a bit different (could be just residue on the old ones?).

Got the C9 used 4-5 years ago and it had more problems than a guy who has been married 3 times. H/P replaced many parts, barrel and mags back then and it has/had been running fine until the springs recently gave up the ghost.

So I have 4 more mags with the nose-dive old springs probs... will call H/P to report on the first 3 and ask for 4 more.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
H/P sent me the 4 additional C9 mag springs I needed to stop the 'first round nose dive feed issues' in all of my 5'ish year old 8-round mags. So out of the 7 mags only 1 of them hesitated to feed. Pushing down on the rounds and on the follower it felt a little bit gritty compared to the others. I blame the friction on internal guides of the follower. Will put a drop a dry-lube in there. Happy camper.
No pliers, hammers, or welting torches were harmed in the making of this repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts