Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good source for replacement barrels for the 380 and C9 that have the comp set up?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Send it to Hi-Point. They will replace the barrel free and throw a new mag in for your troubles.

Reactions: Shopfox

·
Registered
222 Posts
If it's not originally the Comp pistol, they won't put a comp barrel kit on it. For what it's worth. I just tried to get her to send me one Tuesday and she said no. I was sad for about two seconds until she told me she would send the other stuff I needed though. and FOR FREE! Im so glad I bought a HP. If anyone finds another place that sells the barrels and extra parts like that, please, post it. I thought someone said that gunbroker sold stuff like that but haven't checked it out yet.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Check out GB. You might find what you are looking for there, maybe. Do a search in gun parts for either "hi" or "point"

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome:

I have seen "parts kits" for hipoints on several occasion on gun broker, these consisted of slide, barrel, springs and small parts no frame

Jet

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have the pistols yet, I'm picking up the 380, 9mm, and a 40 this Tuesday. I wanted the comp version but the broker could not get one. I thought I could find a source for a drop in comp kit. I'm looking forward to getting my first Hi-Points and see what they can do. Thanks for the great responses guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need a new barrel for my Hi-Point Model C9 9mm Luger, I can't hit shit with it. I'm lucky if 5 shots hit the paper out of 100-150 rounds of ammunition. Its like a piece of junk. Where can I get a new barrel? can I just buy a barrel? or why would I have to send it in? I can't find one anywhere. I shot my cousins Berreta M9 9mm luger at the range, and I hit every clay pigeon on the Burma Dead Center at 25 yard, I've shot all my life and I'm not a bad shot. So there has to be something wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
I need a new barrel for my Hi-Point Model C9 9mm Luger, I can't hit shit with it. I'm lucky if 5 shots hit the paper out of 100-150 rounds of ammunition. Its like a piece of junk. Where can I get a new barrel? can I just buy a barrel? or why would I have to send it in? I can't find one anywhere. I shot my cousins Berreta M9 9mm luger at the range, and I hit every clay pigeon on the Burma Dead Center at 25 yard, I've shot all my life and I'm not a bad shot. So there has to be something wrong with it.
If you send it in, they'll check it and if the barrel is bad, they'll replace it, plus probably replace any other worn parts. If it's not the barrel, but they still can't make it shoot straight, they'll probably replace the whole gun.
It's pressed and pinned, which is why most folks would need to send it in, though if you're handy, you could do it. Due to liability, they don't really like to do that.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
@luke7 , have ya tried shooting it from a rsnsom rest type fixture to confirm its not you? The M9 may in fact fit you better than the C9, and the sights on one may be better suited for you than the other.
The C9 is more topheavy, and has a different grip feel than the M9. Also, M9 uses a tilting barrel system while C9 is straight blowback.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Where can I get a new barrel? can I just buy a barrel?
Hi-Point won't sell you a barrel, the gun has to go it to them and they will go over the entire pistol for you and replace any parts they deem necessary.

If your heart is nevertheless set on getting a replacement barrel, you can find them on Gunbroker from time to time.

·
No longer broke...
21,920 Posts
I'm gonna go out on the reservation here but have you ever checked the sights ?
Like with a bore sighting tool?

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
I just saw this topic was revived after being dead for 11 years...
At least it was a guy asking a question about his own situation, and not telling the OP to try tweaking the mags, or to buy a Glock.:D

·
No longer broke...
21,920 Posts
I just saw this topic was revived after being dead for 11 years...
So either Google is scary good or the search function on this forum.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If you're looking for a comp version just keep an eye out on Gun Broker. Picked up a CF 380 Comp several years ago, brand new in the box, $129 plus shipping.

One thing I've learned over the years, if it shows up on GB once, it'll show up on GB again, eventually.

Reactions: adam01364

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Speaking of which, there's a 9mm comp on GB right now, used, up to $109.

And there's a "Very Rare Stallard JS-9" listed too. Starting at $364 so it's in SWAGA's ballpark.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.