Report ranks state governments from A to F-

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by NWdude83, Mar 4, 2008.

1. NWdude83

NWdude83 Guest

5 best:

Utah A-
    Virginia A-
    Washington A-
    Texas B+
    Michigan B+

5 worst:

Arkansas C
    Massachusetts C
    California C
    Rhode Island C-
    New Hampshire D+

Complete list
    http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/uploadedFiles/Overall Performance.pdf

2. neothespian

neothespian Member

WOO HOO!!! Arizona is on the TOP of the AVERAGE list!

Way to be mild AZ!

3. I'm actually surprised to see Washington ranked so high with an A.

4. No poop.

I thought the same thing.

Where are you in WA?

6. Missouri - B+

Well, we're above average at least. I used to work for a state agency. For the most part, I'm not surprised on that rating.

7. Ridge

Ridge Member

Holy God Florida's government is better than CO? Screw that man Im so going to Utah!

8. neothespian

neothespian Member

I seriously thought that Arizona would've ranked higher.... the economy in the major cities are doing far better than the rest of the nation, and the Gov here seems to have decent approval ratings. Some call her way too tough on immigration, but she was courted VERY heavy to run for the presidency this past year. Hell, I'd rather go to the STATE run hospital than any of the corporate owned jokes around here. Best medical care I ever got was at the County Clinic!!!

9. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Hmmm, anybody find it interesting that Huckabee's state is among the worst run? That guy was a total joke!

10. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

SC is average, 'bout time!

11. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

Yay! Iowa rated a B, not bad...I certainly expected worse, ppl always talk smack about Iowa.

12. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

Alabama a C+? I dunno how that happened. We have the longest state constitution of any of the 50 states. It's filled with stupid crap like no wearing high heels on xxx street. Why is that in the state constitution? Sounds like something mayors should deal with to me. The Governor doesn't want to give up his power though, so EVERY law that is made in ANY PART of Alabama goes into the state constitution. Oh well, this is a democracy so there's nothing I can do about it.