Resale value of a 995 original stock(?)

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by asnider123, Jan 20, 2008.

1. asnider123

asnider123 Member

When I bought my 995, I also bought a spare stock (a pull-off), thinking it would be fun to chop it and make a hip-shooter. Then I discovered the 26 inch rule for rifles, so I forgot that idea.

Now that I am fixin' to convert to an ATI stock, I will have a couple of these stocks sitting around doing nothing. I hear I should keep one in case I need to send it in for warrenty work, but that still leaves one which will never be used.

Is there any resale value to this piece of plastic? Should I bother to put it up on Ebay or something?

Thanks, Alan

2. I see them listed fairly frequently on eBay. I forget going prices, but I think it may be around $40. Just keep searching over a period of time to get a feel for what people are asking.

3. Never hurts to try, but I would not expect to get a whole lot for it, because of the factory warranty. Maybe someone would buy it wanting to chop it up and see what mods they could do to it.

Have you thought of putting it up for sale in the forums for sale section? Its free.

4. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

I'm one of those somebodies !!! =) PM me and lets see what we can work out =)

5. I got my extra from E-bay for 5 bucks. I am currently in the middle of a project with it, which I will post when it is fiished. (with pics of course)

6. asnider123

asnider123 Member

Well, you're extremely lucky to get it that cheap, think I paid about $20 for mine (plus ship) ..you did good!

7. asnider123

asnider123 Member

Check for a PM, thanks

8. Its one of the few times I came out very good.

9. asnider123

asnider123 Member

Amen, that does happen ever' once in a while, but not often enough!