Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
In reality my retirement plans are about twenty years away. One of my worst fears is being forced into retirement because of my age and not being able to find a decent paying job. I would like to quit working for a living because I want to and not because I am forced into it by employers or by my health.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
In reality my retirement plans are about twenty years away. One of my worst fears is being forced into retirement because of my age and not being able to find a decent paying job. I would like to quit working for a living because I want to and not because I am forced into it by employers or by my health.
Been retired just over a year now. Enjoying it to the max - HOWEVER I am busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest! Everyone thinks I have tons of time to "help out". OTOH, I know how to say no very well and very firmly. Gotta have time for me and TLOML.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Been retired just over a year now. Enjoying it to the max - HOWEVER I am busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest! Everyone thinks I have tons of time to "help out". OTOH, I know how to say no very well and very firmly. Gotta have time for me and TLOML.
When I retired at age 60 I just kept on working, only it was on things I loved. Now years later I have forgotten what have a job was even like but still manage to fill my days with interesting things. My favorite thing however is not having to stick to a set schedule. I get up, its pretty out I get out the motorcycle or go to the range. If its dark or cold I go down in my workshop or garage and play with my tools making or repairing something. I always have another project to look forward to but its done on my schedule, not someone else's.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm retiring at the end of the year. At first SWMBO was skeptical but after talking about it and showing her the numbers she's okay with it. Of course her plans for my retirement differ from my plans. Her plans involve house cleaning, running errands, projects around the house and spending time with her.

My plans, in no particular order are:
1) learn to weld (see #2)
2) build a hot rod
3) mow grass at the club and drink beer
4) yard work around the house and drink beer
5) whatever strikes my fancy
6) learn to home brew

Of course that's just a rough draft and subject to change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts