Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this thing for my 6.5 Grendel 10rd magazines. Should also fit 6.8 Rem SPC mags and possibly other mags of a similar size. 4" overall tall x 2.75" x 1" size per cell. About 11 inches long
1000D Olive Green cordura from Ripstop By The Roll
Military spec Lift The Dot fasteners from ebay lol. Seller is a canvas/webbing restoration supplier.
Olive Drab OD7 webbing for the MOLLE backing
Fucked up one flap closure when installed one of the fasteners whoops. Giant pain in the ass to punch the holes and slots for the female sides compared to the studs.
Shown on a 1.75 riggers belt with bianchi holster, small pouch and tactical tailor pistol mag pouch
Rectangle Gas Automotive exterior Wood Office equipment
Font Auto part Metal Pattern Wood
Rectangle Textile Tablecloth Font Art
Rectangle Font Art Tints and shades Office supplies
Rectangle Art Creative arts Wood Font

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got tired of looking at that one backwards flap (the one with the black line visible in above post). Undid the stitching that connected it to the main body, and pried open the prongs on the female Lift-The-Dot fastener, and flipped it around, sewn it back on the main body. Installed via MALICE clips to the Size Medium Tactical Tailor Modular padded belt. (FWIW, the padded MOLLE section is the same size as the USGI FLC belt padded MOLLE section)

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Deafie, you do nice work! Love lookin' at your pics. BTW, how's baby deafie?

Reactions: CamoDeafie

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. I'm only 5'7" and have been stuck at that height since 14 years of age... lots of leg muscle and apparently big shoulders and arm but too much fat around the belly for sure. Was pretty good as lineman in football. Best time in 100m sprint was something like 18 seconds? Not quick... but not too slow lol. Old paintball teammates said sometimes I was scary quick for a big guy hahaha.

·
Administrator
24,815 Posts
Nice. I'm only 5'7" and have been stuck at that height since 14 years of age... lots of leg muscle and apparently big shoulders and arm but too much fat around the belly for sure. Was pretty good as lineman in football. Best time in 100m sprint was something like 18 seconds? Not quick... but not too slow lol. Old paintball teammates said sometimes I was scary quick for a big guy hahaha.
6'3" 315lbs. Barrel chested, but fast. Back in the Corps I ran an 18 minute 3-mile and scored 100's on every PFT, but that was close to 100lbs and a functional spine ago. After I got out I kept eating like I was lifting, but stopped lifting. FD kept me around 250lbs, but it was all lifting and no cardio. Wish I had kept my cardio up...

·
Premium Member
35,994 Posts
Really nice looking gear!(y)

Are the ten rounders a legal thing? You can't give away 10 round AR mags out here. Even hunting has no limit, except the federal migratory bird regs.

Reactions: CamoDeafie

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Are the ten rounders a legal thing? You can't give away 10 round AR mags out here. Even hunting has no limit, except the federal migratory bird regs.
Not quite. They're just aesethically better for the retro look than the 20rd curved mags but functionally there's no difference, although reports are that the 10rd mags for the 6.5 Grendel ammo tends to be more reliable than other sizes. I do also have 20rd Grendel mags, and haven't found other sizes to be available so far. Also, the 10rders seem to be much easier to shoot from prone.

·
Administrator
24,815 Posts

I love the 10 rounders for hunting, and it's not an "I don't need 30 rounds" macho thing either. I just like the look. Much easier to grab through an open window when your road hunting and see something worthy of stalking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts