Returned 995 Carbine Experience

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by ratchowmein, Oct 8, 2015.

1. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

On Monday 9/28, I spoke with Lenny in Tec Support, who had called me to let me know they received my 995, and also to answer some questions that I had written in a letter I included with the gun.
    The main part replaced was the original Breech Bolt, updated to a TS Breech Bolt, but without the LRHO plate attached. On the original, the bolt retainer channel was starting to collapse near the metal inserts.
    Other parts replaced was the front site, some rear site parts, the two front rails I normally take off and throw away, an updated TS trigger, the safety and pin, and all internal springs.
    Another part replaced, that was surprising to me, was the stock. I don't know why they replace that, the other one was fine, but that was really nice of them. I had returned it in a TS stock from another carbine, hoping that if they did replace the receiver because of the double stamped serial numbers and replaced safety, they would use a LRHO receiver. But it still has the original receiver and numbers. What's funny is that I normally run this receiver in a modified ATI stock, so it won't even stay in it .
    They also included some replacement mag springs and followers, and a replacement firing pin and spring set up that I asked for. They also had the usual list of things that they've replaced or adjusted, and of course they test fired before shipping. Oh, and the free mag!
    The emailed me Tuesday 10/6 that it was shipped FedEx and it would arrive Thursday.
    All in all I would call that some pretty awesome service!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    That's one good looking firearm you have there.:cool: glad they took care of you.

3. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

I thought it was pretty good!

Attached Files:

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Now you will hate to put it back in to the ATI?
    I sent one in for repair & left it in the Classic stock, because it looked so good!

5. I just sent one in, it was a real train wreck. No receiver shroud or bolts, missing the front sight, and the barrel had rust all over it. It did have the barrel shroud though, which was kinda weird. Looks like the guy had a scope on it, and just yanked the shroud off when he traded the gun, but I honestly dunno, I'm just guessing. I think it's a fairly early carbine, S/N is A191XX.

I'll report back about my experience.

I can't understand why people mistreat their firearms, but at least it has a good home now. :)

6. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Haha yeah I might leave it and shoot like this for a bit. This new stock looks thicker and possibly with more support structure inside around the handgrip. I'll have to split it and take a look. Maybe it's just cleaner than my other lol.

7. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Why split a brand new stock?

8. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Yikes!
    They're going to be shaking their heads and laughing when that one comes in at HP haha! I would think as long as you have a receiver, bolt, and stock, they will take care of the rest or replace anything else to get it functioning safely again.
    I would guess by that serial # it's a very early one. Melvin might know.

My receiver was all there and functioning great and accurately, but I needed to throw it into a cobbled together HP stock and parts for the return just to get it out of the ATI stock configuration.

9. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

I just want to see if anything has been changed. It's not difficult, 10-15 minutes at most to do.

10. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The letter "A" would designate it as the 1st series of Classic. I think the TS models started with "E"?

11. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    My 995 classic had an "E" SN (E37***) was made just a few months before they changed to the TS.

12. HOMERGRAHAM

HOMERGRAHAM Member

I messed my hi point up cleaning it....i know, i know.....i called them at the special number for 45's to ask how much it would cost..an estimate....and the guy just kept saying "send it to us". After the third time, i said " i am gonna send it to you" and the guy said " good call". They fixed it for free, even though it was my fault and i told them it was my fault. Fixed it for free, test fired it, sent me a new wrench and payed the return shipping on it.
    I am so impressed by those buckeyes. So impressed.
    Every time i go to the range, i convert people to the hi point life. They all start with the "boat anchor" crap, but once they fire it, they are impressed. I cannot tell you how many hipoints i see at the range every time i go, but the number keeps growing.
    Great customer service is so rare in america today, anyone who brags about how well they were treated converts new people to the weapon.
    Someone on another thread asked about deer hunting with a 45 carbine, and i would say out to 200 yards you will kill the deer if you hit it with a good kill shot. In north carolina you are lucky to see a deer beyond 200 yards so i am good to go with the carbine, and as far as looks, my 4595 ts is a thing of beauty to me. Go hi point.!!!!!

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I posted a link to this thread on the Glock forum.

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Good Deal, RCM!

Did you post a video embed yet? ;)

15. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Hey Scout.
    I have 2 E's, one classic and one TS. Only the TS has the LRHO, even though the classic stock has the cut out on the left side for the LRHO lever. Unfortunately HP won't update the receiver. :(

16. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

What broke on it?

17. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Nice! Thanks TNT!
    I had asked Lenny at HP about the ProMag 10 rounder and he said it's the same problem with them as the 15 rounder. They both can hit the feed ramp and can damage it. But it seems to be only in the 9mm.
    The feed ramps are zinc and the mags are steel, so if the mag case isn't the right height, or the mag release cutout isn't right, it could possibly damage it. Especially if it's slap in, and the mag channel in the grip allows an angeled insertion. It's pretty roomy in the classics grip haha.
    I pick up a couple of 10 rounders, I'll let you know if I see anything.

18. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Haha, nope! Haven't tried it again.
    Swaga was saying to embed it and not just a link, I might need to use the PC and not a phone (iPad). It was only a goofy video for the Wiz thread so it's no rush.

19. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

That's nice of you... Glock owners don't have any experience with having to have their Glock repaired because quality firearms don't break. :stir::stir::stir::nahnah::nahnah:

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have teased on arrogant jackwipe over there who had bought some Coonans and sold them because they were turds. Then bought some new ones. Jokingly accused him of fondling his JHP in secret. He isn't there any more. I think I was on his ignore list! :stir: I've never hid my love of HP's!