Returning to MOM

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by mej24, Aug 17, 2014.

1. mej24

mej24 Member

Awhile back I bought a used c9 with some deep gashes in the slide and a broken rear sight.
    I've done the mag lip adjustments and feed ramp feels smooth,yet the or 7 round will stove pipe almost always with out fail.
    So now I'm ready to send it back for repair. I will be using an FFL, so shiping is not an issue.
    My question is what besides description of problem, the gun(duh!) and mags do I need to send in?

The most effective way to stop a shooter is to shoot back.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Call them, tell them it's coming. Should be all you need.

3. mej24

mej24 Member

Thanks Ajole. Not looking forward to being with out it, but looking forward to a better gun when it comes back.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    BTW, if you only wanted the sight, or most any other part like springs or firing pins, you could call and they'd just send it to you for free.:)

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Be sure to send ALL your magazines. They will check them ALL out and replace them if needed. No sense in sending your gun back with problems & when it returns putting an old broken magazine back in it, and then find something is still wrong with the gun? I sent a 995 back one time with feed issues. I sent 8 or 9 magazines with it, they replaced them all. I had NO issues after that!

6. mej24

mej24 Member

Returning because gun simply refuses to fire a full mag. If I load 8 rounds, then the 6-7 round will stove pipe. If I load 5 rounds then it's the 5 round.
    The mag I bought from Hi Point works somewhat better, but still rarely will fire all rounds reliably.
    I have replaced the broken rear sight with the ghost ring that came with my .45, but I don't realy care for it.
    The cuts on the slide don't bother me because I intend to paint it later ( maybe a skull sticker?)

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

If this is your 1st gun return to MoM, you will be impressed! It will look & shoot like new when you get it back.

8. mej24

mej24 Member

That's what I've heard about them. Had good experience with ordering holsters and mags, expecting the same again.

9. mej24

mej24 Member

Apologies for not updating this sooner. I decided to clean the gun up a little before returning and noticed a slash/ grove on the front of the feed ramp that I hadn't noticed before. Was barely visible, and couldn't even feel it.
    So I smoothed it out with an old Emory board, actually more of a polishing type, but you get the point.
    This made me decide to try to fix it one more time. Remeasured magazine lips, done a little more tweaking (I had them bent out a little too much), and now the newer mag is 100% reliable! The older mag still wants to give some trouble, but this gives me an excuse to buy a few more mags anyway.
    Thanks to all who replied for your input.