Review By the Gun N00B

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by Jed, Jan 21, 2015.

1. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Not a bad review. The comments were interesting.

2. My C9 fits me perfectly. Its cheap, and so am I. It works hard, is reliable and dependable - so am I! Besides, I only get to the range 4-5 times per year, so why spend a fortune on a gun, even if I could afford it? Hi-Point allows me to defend my family on a budget and is fun to shoot at the range. God bless America! :D

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Is that good?

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That's damn fine review, for sure. The only issue I had with it is that he left out the category of owners who buy Hi Points after already having amassed collections of other weapons. It is more than just a budget gun for first-timers interested in home defense. It also is a good choice for people who are intrigued by a fun and creative design that makes for some fun range trips. Additionally, it doesn't mention its ideal suitability for use in situations where you might not want to take one of your fancier pistols, such as fishing on a boat or keeping as a truck gun (not unattended overnight, of course).

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome Tazz, from the great southwest.

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    True, but this is a "Gun N00B" review, how would he know of seasoned gun owners buying truck guns and such? But that is a good observation, T1st!

7. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Good point. He'll probably realize it when he gets more in his collection. But how much of a noob is he, really? Those are some very educated observations he's made. I wonder how long he's been writing about guns. His evaluation looks based upon some pretty significant prior experience with other test pieces.

Maybe he should call himself "Gun Prior Noob."

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I see myself at about the level he claims. Not really a n00b, but not really a lot of experience. I can read and retain a TON of info, and ballistics numbers are no problem, for guns I have or would like to have. I used to have memorized all pertinent small block Ford engine dimensions, and Chevy too. But the Ford stuff is like ten times more than the Chevy, cuz I mean ALL SBF stuff, including the old "Y" blocks. It was for parts interchange because I used to build V6 Essex combos. Got a really sweeet build in MM&FF, stroker V6 SuperCharged Cobra-KILLER! Daily Driver, and it passed emissions:D

So I can really SOUND like a "pro" but as for experience, I will not fake that, ever. I don't think "Gun N00B" is more than he lets on, he is just adept at writing and fact retention. Also Research. I rarely ask questions when I have them, I garner keywords from the person who has referenced something that I want to know about and use google or bing...

9. Rerun

Rerun Member

Of course it is!

My C9 has consumed more than 5000 rounds thus far!

I love my C9!

eldar