Review: Little Crow Gunworks Worlds Finest Trimmer

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by MaryB, Mar 22, 2015.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Now that I am reloading for an AR I needed a faster way to trim cases I have been buying plus the ones I shoot. The lee trimmer works okay but is slow. You have to load a case in the holder, trim to length, debur... it is a lot of steps.

I had seen these online so bit the bullet and bought one. Little Crow Gun Works Worlds Finest Trimmer. It uses a regular end mill to do the cutting and the case goes into a bearing. It trims to length off the shoulder of the case also. Trimmer chucked into my cordless drill, grab a case, sin it up insert case, cut, grab next case... you hold the cases in your fingers so not slow loading into a chuck.

I ran 557 cases in a little over 2 hours and they were part of a trade so I had some to short so a lot of caliper use checking them for length. This thing is slick and I will not go back to lee trimmer for bulk rifle reloading.

[​IMG]

Hard to get good focus but a nice clean flat cut with no burs

[​IMG]

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

What was the cost and where can readers get one if they're impressed?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

4. Branth

Branth Member

I use the Possum Hollow Kwick Case Trimmer. Same basic principle - It runs off the case shoulder instead of the base, so it's not as precise as a traditional trimmer, but it's a hell of a lot faster. The Kwick Case Trimmer can be had for $25 and the power adapter to chuck it into a power drill can be had for another $10. It's a little cheaper. Not sure about if it's easy to replace the cutter, though.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/12...-remington-222-remington-magnum-223-remington
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/295771/possum-hollow-chamfer-and-deburring-tool-power-adapter

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

2 set screws on this and the cutter comes out. Also how you adjust case length. Out of 100 random samples I was +- .001 inch for length... probably the accuracy of my calipers!