Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Everything I can get my hands on!
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rock island arms is best known for churning out inexpensive (sort of) middle of the road quality guns. I own 3 1911s of theirs and they are all shooters but have had a few minor problems in the past. They actually do make some match quality guns that are very high end but don't get much press on them.
Their newest addition is getting favorable write ups from a couple different magazines and incorporates steel for all the main pressure parts and transitions to lighter metals and polymer to make up the rest of the pistol. It's supposed to be one of the softest shooting 9mms out there and comes with either target sights or a See More optic. It's major difference to other guns is it's square barrel! It holds 17+1 rounds weighs in at a little over 2# and has an advertised trigger pull out of the box @4#. The one write up that I read from American Handgunner claimed that the trigger broke nice and crisp at continuous 2#4oz. Another point of interest is that this pistol is made right here in the USA.
Most of their firearms are from the Philippians so that's interesting.

Attachments

· Administrator
29,955 Posts
I saw that. It's supposed to be a super-sweet competition gun. Kinda pricey though.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

· Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Very interesting. I’m a big fan of CZ style firearms. The low bore axis is tried and true. The reviews I watched didn’t really mention the square barrel. Time will tell …

· Administrator
29,955 Posts
Where are we going to get Square bullets? None of the reloading suppliers carry them yet!
Antique store.

Apparently one version of the Puckle Gun used square bullets.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

· Premium Member
37,565 Posts
It’s funny that this hasn’t been done more in handguns. Remington had a triangular rifle barrel, a square would have some interesting stresses in a long barrel, but it shouldn’t matter in a short gun, and could be ridiculously easy to machine. A threaded muzzle would be nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts