Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon to be a family member. Never fired.

Matte Nickel finish, upgraded sights, ambi-safety, combat hammer and skelentonized trigger.

I can hardly wait to shoot it.

·
I Stand With Talon
6,459 Posts
Soon to be a family member. Never fired.

Matte Nickel finish, upgraded sights, ambi-safety, combat hammer and skelentonized trigger.

I can hardly wait to shoot it.
You'll enjoy it. I have it in black and the only thing I would recommend is that you put a set of Hogue Wrap Around grips on it. The wood panels are slippery and the Hogue will give you a much better grip and allow you to get and stay on target for follow-up shots. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not fully decided on what I'm going to do with the grips.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Just as flash said,, you'll enjoy it,, have two carry one or the other daily,,and take his suggestion on the grips,, with the Hogue grips,, or at least a set of Pierce finger groove inserts.. The old slab side grips are a little slippery.. As are the acrylic ones I had made,, looking at finding a set of lighter wood grips to send off to MaryB to engrave the design that is on the acrylic.

Crappy pic but you get the idea

Attachments

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
You'll enjoy it. I have it in black and the only thing I would recommend is that you put a set of Hogue Wrap Around grips on it. The wood panels are slippery and the Hogue will give you a much better grip and allow you to get and stay on target for follow-up shots. ;)
+1 FLASHBANG!
I have a Citadel, (upscale Rock) and it's SWEEET!
Very nice weapon, my best shooting 45 and maybe best shooting pistol!
That or the Browning Hi Power :D
I got a used $5 Pachmyr Grip for that, no fingers but pretty stylin'!

Attachments

·
I Stand With Talon
6,459 Posts
I've tried a lot of different grips and slab sides, but I always come back to the Hogue wrap around as the best for weapon and shot control. They keep the weapon firmly in your hand and provide excellent secondary shot capabilities by allowing better recoil management and muzzle rise control. Every second you can save gives you an advantage over your opponent. ;)

Attachments

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
I've tried a lot of different grips and slab sides, but I always come back to the Hogue wrap around as the best for weapon and shot control. They keep the weapon firmly in your hand and provide excellent secondary shot capabilities by allowing better recoil management and muzzle rise control. Every second you can save gives you an advantage over your opponent. ;)
THAT is what I bought for my Hi-Power. Need to get that bad boy ON! :eek:
Too busy playing with the MSR to pay attention to the other kids ;)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Know what your saying on grips Flash,, but for some reason to me,, a 1911,, just isn't right without a pair of slabs attached to it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put $100 down on it today.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know that I will. It does come with factory rubber grips too. They are in the case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My brother has one. I think it compares rrasonably well to my Springfield loaded, especiallynconsidering the price difference.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
It Does!
My gunsmith buddy has a Springfield, and compared to my Citadel, he said it
was darn near the equal of the Springfield. So he bought an RIA in 9mm :D
Great Deal, it was $349 @ Rural King!

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
This is my RIA 1911 Tactical. I trust this gun with my life. it shoots everything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts