RIA XT-22 Magnum

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by big_bad_doug, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Another thread about a good low cost 1911 had several posts mentioning the RIA which reminded me of the RIA XT-22. I'd read about it but haven't heard too much so I googled it and saw a post about the RIA XT-22 Magnum. Checked Davis's website and they had it listed so the 22 Magnum being one of my favorite calibers it's at the top of my wish list, along with the Kel-Tec PMR-30 and AMT Automag.

It'll be awhile till I have the cash so I figured I'd ask around. Anybody have one or shot one? Any comments or thoughts on it?

Thanks

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

15 rounds of .22WMR ain't noth'n to sneeze at. $609 MSRP is pushing it a bit.

I also wonder what 1911 fans say about their claim that it's a "true combat grade" firearm. :)

Looks neat, however.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    They're referring to materials & build quality. Not caliber.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So a Ruger 10/22, widely believed to have exceptional build quality, is "true combat grade?" :)

I don't know about 1911 fans, but I find it amusing. Sometimes I find marketing blurbs to be very entertaining.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. really cool gun, but too much dough for me.

I want one of the Taurus 22MAG double action revolvers.

IT is interesting that a lot of 22MAG pistols have come in the past couple years. But only keltec is bringing out a new 22 mag semiauto rifle.
    I figured Ruger would have had a big brother to the 10/22 years ago.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    They're just saying the quality's as good as a 1911-A1. Why anyone would go into combat with a .22 is beyond me.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Me too. :)

I was going to throw out some clever joke about the .223 and the 5.7, but I just don't have it in me right now.

Here, use this space to imagine I said something funny:

Don't forget to "like" it. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. Rerun

Rerun Member

Ruger built a 10/22 .22 magnum for the years 1998 thru 2006 when they withdrew if from the market.

Helpful eldar

9. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

It's been done a lot more than you might think with great effect by the OSS and CIA and various special operations units through the end of the vietnam war, when the U2 spy plane was shot down in 1960 a high standard "OSS gun" was recovered from the wreckage.

10. Dang, that sounds like a cool plinking rifle.