Richards Microfit gun stocks?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Langford, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Langford

Langford Guest

Anybody have one of these? I bought a new ruger 10/22 and a green mountain 20"X.920" stainless fluted barrel last night to start a new project gun, and now I need a stock.

I love the looks of the microfits, but I have heard different things on the quality and delivery time.....Some guys had to wait months to get their stock, and some had to put in a lot of time with some sand paper to get the receiver and barrel to fit properly. I dont mind a little work, and think it will be fun finishing my own stock so I can say I really put the whole gun together....but I dont want a nightmare project on my hands.

I cant post pics because I'm at work right now, and the stupid "barracuda network" wont let me get on that site......but if you go to www.rifle-stocks.com you can see them. I want to go with the Microfit Tac-driver silhouette in the Tigerwood finish....I think that style and color will look great with a stainless barrel, stainless scope and receiver.

So does anybody have one of these, or have any first hand experience with Richards Microfits?

If I do order one, and it works out well...I may be in the market for a few more for my .243 and .30-06.

2. condition1

condition1 Member

I like the Tapco t6 stock (put one on a mini14)

The thing you need to worry about is the diameter of that barrel. You may have a lot of trouble finding something that fits the barrel. I would ask questions before buying anything.

3. Langford

Langford Guest

It says right on their site that they will cut the barrel channel to either the factory size, or the .920 which is the common bull barrel size for the 10/22. Most of the aftermarket stocks like boyds, cabelas, etc. are made for the .920 barrels because that is one of the first things most people upgrade on a 10/22.

4. I don't have any personal experience but I think they look nice. I also liked the Royal Camouflage Laminate. I think I have a bone stock 10/22 begging for one of those stocks.

5. Langford

Langford Guest

That one definitely cought my eye too, but I think the tigerwood will look awesome with everything else being stainless. I think I may order one tonight, if it goes together fairly smooth, I will order a Royal Camouflage one for my remington 700 .30-06.

They make custom stocks too, I wonder how a 995 would look with one? :lol:

6. Im like you I don't mind tinkering with stuff. It says on their site that the barrel channel is 99% so you can do a "press fit" That might be why some are saying they had to do some sanding.
    I would rather have to do a little fitting to get a tight custom fit than to have the fit be sloppy.

As far as a 995 stock I think it would look really cool to have a laminate stock like that.

7. Langford

Langford Guest

I think I may hold off on the 10/22 stock from them and just go ahead and order one for my .30-06. Im itching to tear into this 10/22 and I just talked to a few guys on rimfirecentral who said that they waited 6+ months for their stock, which I cant do. I think I may go with a Raptor stock now in the midnight color scheme, I can have that delivered to my doorstep in two days.

As far as the .30-06 goes, Im not worried about how long that takes. When it gets here, it gets here. I dont shoot that gun very often, so if it does take 6 months...I really dont care.