Rifle identification

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Fenix, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Saw this while surfing and couldn't find out what it was so was hoping someone here had an idea:

[​IMG]

Driving me nuts wondering what it is :roll:

2. browwiw

browwiw Member

Interesting. I can't quite place it, either. Obviously a bullpup rifle. Might be a prototype, but then why would it be on somebody's kitchen table? It also might be a conversion kit of somekind.

Maybe a Bushmaster variant? The rear looks like the M17S, but I don't recognize the ports along the side.

Update:

May very well be a custom job Bushmaster:

http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/42606.htm

3. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

According to one of the guy's picture names, maybe M17

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Many thanks Mike_AZ, I think the .223 has just redeemed itself in my eyes with this rifle. Now I just need to hurry up and hear back from the bank and I will be on my way to getting one. :twisted:

5. unclerob

unclerob Member

The logo on the guy's shirt is "MAGPUL". The stock he is holding is a Magpul "PDR". A tad different from the assembled weapon.
    Maybe that is a clue.
    Maybe not.

6. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Yeah, I didn't know if that pic went with it or not. I put it in there thinking it might be.

7. AGuyNamedMike

AGuyNamedMike Lifetime Supporter

Nope, the Magpul guy is holding a different beast, note the differences in trigger guard, pistol grip, magwell, etc. The weapon you're asking about is indeed a Bushy M17S and browwiw revealed it is a KKF custom job. I have to admit, I've been considering one myself.

8. Ari

Ari Guest

[​IMG]

I have been studying this thing... Looking at where the stock meets the barrel bothers me. I am starting to think this is an Airsoft gun!

9. griff30

griff30 Member

Id love to see it in .308................

10. Fenix

Fenix Guest

It's not so bad as is in 5.56 since it has the full 21.5" barrel (but if it came in 7.62x39 I would sell my first born for one). Now I am torn between getting one of these or an AK. Soon, soon.....

11. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

On first look I immediatly thought M17S...I was right...

It's not airsoft, there is no M17 airsoft gun on the market.

12. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Well I think I'm going to go ahead and get one soon, there is a store in state that has several for $640.

13. Heh, I missed the 1st reply made that had Kurts link so consider my reply coming from the Dept of redundancy Dept. :)