Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if this is a thread already but i need to know about getting my barrel rifled. My c9 was great and extremely accurate but now its not so much anymore. I can still hit things pretty easily within about 10 yards, but i was shooting at about 15-20 and i know thats pretty far for a pistol but one shot was about a foot up and to the left and aiming at the same place i hit about four feet down to the left. and so on. so it has lost a lot of it accuracy. So my main question is will Hp fix this for free or will they charge..and if thats the case should i just get it done locally?
thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it there are pretty much no limitations to the warranty, HP should fix any problems at cost of shipping only.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
they will fix it for free, as always. though im not sure thats your problem. ive never seen a pistol barrel shot out and ive seen some HIGH rounds count guns in my day.

SW

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just delt with them for my 995, and am very happy.
When in doubt, send it out.....
Include a letter as to what you think the problem is, and ask them to please take a look, and see what they say.
9 times out of 10.
They are going to go over it completly. And will end up replacing anything "They" think might be the problem.
From what I've seen and heard, it will be much more than you think, as they seem to take NO chances.

As I said before, I sent mine in for a cracked stock, and they replaced EVERY major part, including the barrel...

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Also don't forget, they do send you a FREE clip back with your gun. :D

·
Banned
401 Posts
Something else has to be going on, I have not seen a barrel shot out in a long time and that was a defective barrel that went after about 2000 rounds on a different make of gun. I would send it in to them, but as I said, I would strongly suggest it is something else that is causing the problem...

How many rounds do you have through your gun?

Dp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also don't forget, they do send you a FREE clip back with your gun. :D
magazine, not clip.

SW
hahah yes a mag! my buddy always gave me crap about makin sure i said mag. :p

MtMountains! I purchased this c9 used and they had no idea of the history. since ive had it, I've put about 500 rounds or more through it. Maybe ill send it in still and have a letter saying the prob. Ill go shoot today and see if i was just having a weird day. i donno. i was also shooting 30-06 and 243s all day so maybe that had something to do with is...grrr. we'll see after today.
thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
The only time I have heard of a gun having a shot go 4 feet off the mark was when there was a chunk of lead fouling the barrel.
My friend could not get the chunk of lead out of his .22 rifle barrel after several tries.
His solution. He put a copper jacketed .22lr solid point in & shot it out!! Went right through his Chicago phone book, the wall, the exterior wall & hit the house next door!!!
I HIGHLY recommend NOT doing this EVER to clear your barrel.
Almost shot his cat too. I'm sure it was traumatized for life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts