Right Side Charging Handle?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by William Spitzer, Mar 29, 2012.

1. I am very interested in info on this charging handle also. I am left handed and want to buy one for my 995 if anyone gives good feedback about the handle and it doesn't affect normal operation of the gun.

2. It works, but I went back. If you find you would like to try it, mine's for sale. PM me.

3. 60ratrod

60ratrod STFU CARL! Member

I got one on mine and like it a lot. It can be a PITA to tear down the gun if you have the ati stock and full length rail, as you have to remove it to tear the gun down. Otherwise you can remove the receiver cover with it installed. I think it looks a hell of a lot better and its not so foreign to operate since I am used to right side charging handles.

4. Faeodan

Faeodan Its comeing right for us! Member

Good to know. I've been thinking of picking one up myself but was skeptical on the functionality. Thanks for the info.

5. Groo

Groo Member

My Kel-tec SU16 has a charge handle in a similar spot, and it will dent brass, but it doesn't mess up the guns function.

One thing it will do is add some weight to the bolt (or whatever it is called)
    If you are shooting very light loads, the added bolt mass might cause some minor feed and extraction problems. If you like NATO and +p, it is probably better for the gun and may reduce felt recoil.

6. Groo, I never noticed any brass denting and it is lighter and not heavier by less than 3/16 of an ounce.

7. 60ratrod

i have to agree with wheeljack, it doesn't add any weight and there is no risk of damaging any brass what so ever. and since i have had it on my carbine i have ran WWB, RBS(local ammo refurbishing company), HSM and Rem UMC and never had any jams due to short strokes from the "extra weight" or "under powered" loads that all of those companies produce. the biggest draw back to the rsch that brassstackers sells is the lack of the ability to lock the slide to the rear, since you remove both the bolt and collar on the factory charging handle. but wheeljack here actually came up with a button that holds the bolt open with the rsch.

8. semprini

semprini Member

NC
    I would like to see this for the 4595...

9. yugowego

yugowego 4595 For Life Member

I second that

10. 60ratrod

I believe that it will work with the 4095 & 4595 as well, but I'm not 100% certain about that

11. semprini

semprini Member

NC
    According to Brass Stacker's web site, the charging handle is only for the 995. However, an e-mail exchange with the company says they are working on one for the 4595 and anticipate availability this summer.