Right side charging handle

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by travis9mm, Dec 10, 2014.

1. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Is this only for the 995? Id love a right side on my 4095TS.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why?
    Are you a lefty?
    Didn't anyone teach you how to run a pistol grip carbine right?:confused:

Right hand maintains control of weapon at pistol grip, left hand swaps mag out, yanks bolt handle back to release LRHO. It's exactly like running a pistol.

It's that way on nearly every PCC around.

3. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Faster with my right hand. Like a bolt action, semi auto shot gun, sks. Feels better more in control to use right hand cycle. I know training fixes speed but for comfort I like right hand bolts

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Yeah...but none of them is a pistol grip.;)

5. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

True. My biggest factor when shooting is comfort. Thats what feels comfortable to me. Even my buddies AR I charge right handed and thats on the back. Can a right side be put on a 4095ts?

6. No it can not. I am good friends with the folks that developed the RHCH for the 995TS. There is part of the way that they built the 40 and the 45 that has metal protruding to block the handle if it were tried to be made. I was over there today and am putting the RHCH on my new 995TS. I went ahead and put the compensator on and a cheek pad while I was there and will get the right side charging handle in a couple of weeks.

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have the right side charging handle on one of my 995's. I like it, but I don't want it on all my carbines

Attached Files:

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

There is a bump where the Brass Stacker handle would go on the 4095. Also the shroud will need to have a slot cut in it too. I already tried!

Go ahead and order one for the 9. You know you're going to get one of those too!

9. TNTRAILERTRASH

BTW I agree with you, it doesn't feel natural to do the lefty bolt yank. :p

One thing would make the RH handle better would be a spring loaded button on the left to hold the action open.

10. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

A 995TS is on my want list

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

A friend of mine got one for $250 barely used with R/G sight, and tac light off Armslist. Asking was $300

12. MachoMelvin

Say a Prayer?
    Talk to Santa Claus?
    Shovel snow?
    Rake leaves?
    Do peoples taxes?
    Pick up a night job delivering Pizza's?
    995's are all over the place?

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

Rob Melvin or Ajole while they're at Walmart buying ammo............:rolleyes:

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It does feel natural if you've ever been trained on an AR, an MP5 or 7, or any other gun with an actual pistol grip that isn't an AK. Guess what they designed to make the AK and Saiga shotguns more ergonomic? Left side bolt handles. Even guns that are convertible are designed to put the bolt handle away from the trigger hand, which stays on the pistol grip.

Of course it feels wrong to you. But that doesn't make it wrong. If you never ever pitched a ball overhand, you'd feel weird doing it...but if you want to throw fast, that's how to do it, and people work hard to learn it. Throwing a discus doesn't feel natural...but the right technique lets guys throw a 4+ pound object over 240 feet. High jumping using the Fosbery Flop feels totally ridiculous at first..but no one uses any other technique anymore.

So before you condemn it, you might want to try to actually learn it. Once you do, you'll wonder why you ever thought different.;)

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

Does D-13-4 U.S. Army Fort Knox count? Class of August '75? Everyone IIRC yanked their charging handle with the right hand. I have a few range sessions in with it now.

The left hand is the hand of the devil!

16. MachoMelvin

This would not be a WISE move?

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You only use the right hand to charge the M16/AR15 when also using the Devils left hand to lock the bolt back. Which is not necessary for actual loading, by the way.;)

Since the HP, unlike the AR15/M16, uses the bolt handle to lock to the rear, it's a left hand only operation if you did decide to do it that way.

When RE-loading the AR15/M16, or HP carbine, the bolt is already locked to the rear, meaning there's absolutely no need to use the right hand on any control except the mag release.

Your argument is rejected as either optional or inapplicable to the discussion of loading or reloading techniques.

18. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I prefer the left hand bolt, but I owned an H&K 91 for years.

19. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

Been thinking about one

Does Changing to right hand eliminate the last shot hold open feature, I thought that is what the stock charging handle does