Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PARROTSVILLE (WATE) -- Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton, who gained fame and notoriety as a moonshiner, died Monday in Cocke County, sheriff's deputies said.

According to a Cocke County Sheriff's Office spokesperson, it appeared that Sutton, 61, took his own life.

A Cocke County constable told 6 News his body was discovered in his vehicle by his wife. He's believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=10017104

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Dang, but I hate to hear that. He was quite a character. I'd seen him on several documentaries. He always appeared to be his own man. It is ashamed that he felt that depressed about going back in. Instead of being sentenced to more time he should have been placed in a living history village and allowed show how things were done in the old days.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Why can't the FEDS just leave someone like that alone. He was'nt hurtiong anyone, just preserving a way of life.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Well, when you factor in the fact that he was participating in an illegal act, the FEDS take that kinda seriously. I hate that he did that to himself, that's sad. He was a crotchety old codger for sure, a one of a kind personality.

·
Registered
666 Posts
A lot of us Appalachian Americans (hillbillies) make our own shine and distribute it among friends and peers ....My own family has made our own for years.

Nowhere in the vicinity of 800 gallons though. The thing is, if no one wanted it, it wouldn't be bought. There are some outfits who have the proper licenses, and dumbed it down to "sissy shine", and believe me, peach and blueberry shine is great, but not true to what our forefathers made.

He may have had a firearm, but he was a felon in the first place for selling shine. The man's a hero for showing that just because a government says something should be a certain way, that does not mean that the government is right.

Peace primal and good luck in Alaska

1 - 5 of 5 Posts