Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've noticed a certain trend in firearm and ammo prices lately. I suppose my question is this - I had intended to wait, but given the current political climate and the quickly rising costs of guns and ammo, should I get a pistol now?

Basically, my question is thus: In your opinion(s), is the price and/or availability of Hi-Points going to become problematic in the near future?

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
tough to say. i would say that if you are worried, i would buy the 995 first. if any of the hipoint line was in danger of some sort of ban, it would be the carbine. i'm not getting rid of mine for any reason because i worry about the ability to get one legally in the future.

as far as cost, i dont think a drastic price change is imminent, either up or down. i'd say if you wanted to buy one, now is as good as time as any. even with the jump in prices, HP's are still reasonable.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WEll, I've got an AR-15, which I would say is in more danger of being banned... That said, I don't feel I really need a carbine, though I'll keep it in mind. For close range, I'd pistol it, for long range, I'd use the AR. Mid range, whatever's in my hand.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Yes. Buy now. They are relativity cheap, and the prices of ALL guns have gone up since I was into guns the first time around back in the mid 90's.

I got to tell you that when I saw the current going prices for the cheap J58 and J59 Jennings pistols (I one back then and only paid $100 for new), now they are going for 200+ used... The Ruger KP90 that I bought new in 1995 cost me $425 out the door now is around $650. What a crock.

I am in no way saying that they won't be available or that they will be banned, but historically speaking, the prices WILL go up.

I can't believe how much the price of guns has risen in the last 10 years. I could see some justification for it if it was over 20 years but 10?!!!

Of course a loaf of bread from Aldi was 25 cents back then and now its a buck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts