River's Consolidated Custom Built Bullpup Thread

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by riverrover, Sep 22, 2020.

1. riverrover

riverrover Member

Just got a HP 995 Gen 2 and took it all apart to see what makes it tick. Haven't shot it yet as I need to order a mag. I notice a square hole in the LH side of the frame by the feed ramp that I cannot figure out the purpose of. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

A round peg?
    :)

riverrover likes this.

3. riverrover

riverrover Member

I tried, but my peg won't fit!!

Twisty and histed like this.
  4. histed

histed Supporting Member

OK, you'll be fine here. Welcome to the zoo

ichthyo and riverrover like this.
  5. rickm

rickm Member

You take a 1/4 drive socket adaptor and put in your cordless drill and then insert it into the square hole and turn drill on high speed make the gun load faster. j/k

histed likes this.
  6. histed

histed Supporting Member

Come on, rick, stop messing with the new guy. We both know that running that drill in reverse will turn your carbine into a fully semi-automatic, clip fed assault machine-gun that can shoot 8000 magazine clip a minute and hit flies at more than a mile. It becomes the most sought after weapon in the hood!

7. rickm

rickm Member

Well personally i have never seen the square hole in any of mine but then i quess you have to take the gun apart to see it and in the 10 years i have had some of mine never need to take them apart for any reason, but i quess you do have to shoot them to get them dirty, bought both 995's used along with the 4095 and the 4595 new. 1 995 and 4095 have each had 2 mags thru them by me and the 4595 is still new never been shot after 6 years of ownership.

8. SDProf

SDProf Supporting Member

Well if you're going to abuse those guns by never shooting them, you should send them to a home where they will get the love and attention they deserve.

I'm willing to foster one or two of them.

9. riverrover

riverrover Member

My little 995 didn't make it through one night before I had it taken down to about every last part to see what made it tick. I think removing the barrel from the frame, the magazine catch, extractor and trigger is about the only thing I didn't mess with. Pretty simple design actually.

10. Good boy. Now you know what it's about.
    So, did you figure out what the other hole is for yet? Did she yell, or just moan?

11. riverrover

riverrover Member

Further investigation was precluded after having enjoyed a vigorous dinner of Wolf Chili with Jalapenos and cheese.

12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Can you post a pic? I can’t find anything online that shows a square hole on the left hand side

[​IMG]

Possibly a jig mount used during assembly?

13. riverrover

riverrover Member

I just took a pic, but this format needs a URL link. Can't find a button to pull a pic directly from my PC's photo gallery.
    Me no like stinkin hole in side of frame. Where's my JB weld quick!
    I bought a beater HP w/t intent to convert to HC Beretta 92F mags. The hole really weakens the frame considering I have to cut 3/4 of the bottom area away!!
    I've already figured out a way to strengthen the frame though.

Maybe the hole was a early attempt at a LR bolt catch system that never panned out? As you are not aware of the hole, I assume this is Not how a new HP bolt catch system works.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Try drag n drop.

15. riverrover

riverrover Member

Wow, I did a copy and paste. That did the trick.
    Never knew you could copy and paste pics onto a website.

16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Access for the LRHO

Rerun and FlashBang like this.
  17. riverrover

riverrover Member

The magazine alone will lock the bolt back? There are no other parts on my 995 that fit in this area.
    There IS a squarish area cut out inside the LH side of the slide that would probably work with a LRHO. Something on the mag would have to reach through the side of the frame to catch the slide though.
    I have a factory HP mag on order now.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  18. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

There's also this handy "upload a file" button you can use...
    Screenshot_20200925-205125_Chrome.jpg

riverrover likes this.
  19. riverrover

riverrover Member

Thanks Rachgier, that got me there too!