Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a rock island 38 super by a friend that owns property. The gun was left there by a precviuos renter that left the property vacant. In ohio there is no registration laws and the owner of the property checked with the sherif and was told any thing left on the property/ abandoned was theres. The serial number was ran and no crimes reported or anything odd. So i got a free gun. The real question is what the heck is a 38 super and how much is that ammo. I know the cartidges are smaller than a 38. special, and i am guessing more powerful than the 38. acp... so why have i not heard of this???? is this a decent gun or not? It had a little rust, but some oil and cleaning and it shined right up, one pitted spot. but 98% blueing left.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
The only references I've heard about .38 Super are for the high-speed sport shooting set that build 1911s for gaming purposes.

Anybody else?

-'b

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much is ammo????

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Primal has one like yours, he could tell you everything you need to know.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's similar to the .38 acp but is produces more pressure .. It travels faster with more energy than a .38 acp as well .. The ammo is not the cheapest out there but run the same as .45 acp protection rounds when they are in stock . I have not looked for any for current pricing and stock , but you should be able to find some .. I would look into reloading if you plan on doing alot of plinking long term.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
38 super was origianlly designed for places that prohibit citczens from owning military caliber pistols. it later truned into the hot rod race gun round it is today. and primal is our primary source around here on it. have fun!

SW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.