romanian m69 trainer mags?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Bigbuddha76, Feb 27, 2016.

1. I'vegot an old romanian m1969 trainer I bought for the kids a while back. with 22lr finally coming back I want to take the kids shooting again. I would like more mags, and higher capacity mags. anyone have any ideas if other mags might fit? In my search I have seen talk that winchester model 69 mags will fit. anyone have any experience?

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I have the gun, but no idea if any other mags fit or work. I'll have to see what I can do with my various mags.

I know the Romanian mag catch is on the front, which is different from most mags. But I also have guns with no catch, which might work?

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  4. undeRGRound

INDY
    Enlarged Pic:

Attached Files:

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I tried every Mossberg, Savage, Winchester 69A and Marlin mag I have, and none fit.

Wouldn't even go in the hole, they are all too wide, or too long.

If you want higher capacity, I think you'll need to go with another gun.

Me, I prefer 10 or less. It slows you down at the range, gives you time to talk, think, and enjoy it all. Of course, I'm not paying to be at the range.;)

Hunting, you certainly don't...or shouldn't...need more than that, even on a pot gut spree.

I have large round count mags for the Ruger 10/22's and the Remington 597, in a semi gun, it makes a bit more sense to me. But I usually don't use them.

So...buy a spare mag or two, let them load their own while the sibling empties theirs, and enjoy the time with the kids.;)

6. desertrider

desertrider Member

To be honest, I only liked your post 'cause it provided options for sourcing some mags.

Then I opened the links.

Jeebus! Them little mags are pricey! Who'd a thunk my Romanian Trainers were actually HK's in disguise. Thirty plus bucks per mag (shipping included, of course)? That's a tough pill to swallow.

I have to admit that these are the only firearms I own that I don't have spare mags for.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If it's not a carry gun, SD gun, Zombapocalypse gun, or competition gun...who needs "spare" mags?:confused:

I mean, there are guns you really should have a serious pile of mags for, but some guns just don't need it.;)

8. desertrider

desertrider Member

But, but, but.......

They're all Zombapocalypse guns. No?

Multiple mags are a necessity for me 'cause I like to shoot the way I have sex.

Fast, shaky, and usually hitting the wrong spot.:D

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Welll...no?
    I just don't have enough friends to use them all.:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A man's gotta know his limitations.

And then he's gotta say screw, it, I'm taking the shot anyway.:p

10. desertrider

desertrider Member

Nice collection of 22's there. I'm guessing there are more, though.

You wouldn't happen to have a Winchester Model 190 do you? My son broke his firing pin years ago, and I can't figure out how to extract the firing pin from the bolt, short of splitting the bolt open into its two pressed halves.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, sorry. I have no idea about that one.:(

But I did find this:

"the takedown instruction i have show the extractor being removed before the firing pin. that means you need to remove the extractor&combination extractor/firing pin spring,then install the new firing pin. "

and this:

"drift out the vertical pin on the left side of the bolt to allow the firing pin to be moved toward the rear.
    easing the tension of the combination firing pin spring and extractor spring. note: there is a steel ball bearing at each end of the spring. take care that these are not lost. remove the extractor pivot pin from it's hole in the top front of the bolt. with the spring tension removed ,the pin should come out when the bolt is inverted and tapped with a light hammer."

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    One of these "out of stock" M69 magazines was $21 did you miss it? :p

Yes, very pricey, but prolly cuz it has proven to be unique, RIGHT AL?

The mag looks to be shaped closely to the rounds themselves... :(

13. desertrider

desertrider Member

The vertical pin retaining the FP was the only obvious step that I did in my attempts to remove the FP years ago, but I never saw the Extractor Pivot Pin as described being in the top front of the bolt.

Now I have a reason to dig out the old bolt from the parts bin and tinker with it some more.

Thanks for the tips ajole!