Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/.22mag off gun broker.com. The one I got is flat black with camo grips and a 4.75" barrel. Should be shipped on Monday until then this is what it should look like:

Now I just need to decide what kind of rifle to get.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, the fact I'll be able too shoot it as much as I want is the main reason I got it over the Ruger .357.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I just ordered a Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/.22mag off gun broker.com. The one I got is flat black with camo grips and a 4.75" barrel. Should be shipped on Monday until then this is what it should look like:

Now I just need to decide what kind of rifle to get.
Great gun. Set up is just like mine except I went for the case hardened tempered looking frame. You'll love it. loaned mine to a girl that was at the range last Saturday shooting with her boyfriend. She was flinching and anticipating the recoil on her fellas 357 so much it was sad. Offered her the RR and she got quite good with it.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
You'll love the RR. I got mine a week ago. Within an hour was making shot shells dance at 10 yards(outdoor range). Had more fun doing that than target shooting.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can’t wait. I hope the sights are on point of aim, my Ruger MK3 shoots 2 inches high and to the right at 25yds.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Everyone is right. You'll love it, i know I do mine. Since you asked about a rifle to go with it, Check out either a Henry H001, or the H001T with the octagon barrel, in either .22lr or mag. Good, old style, lever action fun guns. That's next on my list. Don't know if you can get away with it where you are, but surely you'll want a nice rig to carry it in.

http://www.rockytopleather.com $79.95, loops for 56 rounds on back

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yep, a Henry would compliment it well. I opted for a Taurus 22 mag pump to go with my Heritage and got lucky it wasn't a lemon cause so many are. I'm still wanting a Henry though. X

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, as much as I want a Henry lever gun it wont fit my needs. The next rifle I get needs to be 30cal and under $300. I an leaning towards a H&R Handy Rifle in .308 at the moment.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I can't wait. I hope the sights are on point of aim, my Ruger MK3 shoots 2 inches high and to the right at 25yds.
Mine is the fixed sights version, 5.5 inch barrel. I put a laser bore sighter on it, and it was dead on!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't wait. I hope the sights are on point of aim, my Ruger MK3 shoots 2 inches high and to the right at 25yds.
Mine is the fixed sights version, 5.5 inch barrel. I put a laser bore sighter on it, and it was dead on!
Your Rough Rider or Ruger??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts