Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I was turned on to Rough Ryder knives. I thought they were a cheap hardware store knife, but have since found out they were actually a house brand from Smokey Mountain Knife Works. Anyways I was told how good they were and I order a Stockman and a Trapper from them. I was impressed with what I got.

I have always liked the scout style knife. While I never owned one, I have had a few of the old USMC issue scout style knives. I am currently without one because I have misplaced it somewhere, so I decided to try a Rough Ryder Kamp King, which is their version of the scout knife. It arrived today.

Again, I am impressed. It seems to be ever so slightly larger than the USMC knives I have had, and definitely feels better in the hand. The handle is almost exactly as wide as my palm. The blades have good snap. I did not get to use it much, basically cut open the hamburger and hot dog packs we grilled for my granddaughter’s birthday but I am liking it. Time will tell, but I may have just found a favorite.

I am pretty sure another member spoke about this knife in the past. I think it was @ajole but not sure. Maybe he will chime in.

Tool Jewellery Metal Font Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
36,825 Posts
I don’t think I was the guy. I use SMKW a bit, but I don’t have any Rough Riders, I always thought they were pretty much like the usual China knife, not in a really negative way, modern Chinese metal isn’t the garbage of 25 years ago, just….meh.

Glad to hear they are a step above that.👍

That design of knife is a good one, IMHO, 9 times out of 10, it’s one of those 4 blades that I seem to need. I wish the screwdriver locked. Mine is the US Army issued Camillus, like this one, it’s in the door pocket of my truck under a Mora and a Leatherman.

Reactions: Dagwood and Rerun
1 - 2 of 2 Posts