Round in chamber indicator

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by sdshipoint, Sep 1, 2014.

1. sdshipoint

sdshipoint Member

I just watched a bunch of you tube videos. There seemed to be a mixed opinion as to the cause of FTF issues ranging from magazine feed lips, ramp polishing and brand of ammo used.

In all the videos I watched, I didn't see one where the person mentioned the round in chamber indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. onelife

onelife Member

What's your theory about the indicator?

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

What indicator? A little of the chamber is exposed so you can see brass if a shell is present.

4. sdshipoint

sdshipoint Member

My point was this is a feature of the C9 but i didn't see it mentioned while the people were going thru the other features of the pistol. Not all pistols have that feature.

5. RobbK

RobbK Member

? there is a round in the chamber indicator on the C9???

6. BFH

BFH Member

It doesn't have a pop up indicator like other guns. It's just a notch you can see the rim of the shell through the ejection port. Maybe you are talking about the last shot hold open tab?

7. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

a Calif legal handgun has to have a flag that pops up indicating a chambered round . on my S&W SD9VE it has a red flag that pops up ontop of the slide just in front of the rear sight indicating a chambered round

8. BFH

BFH Member

C9 is California legal. So is the S&W MP22 and it is like the hi point but on the top.

9. sdshipoint

sdshipoint Member

I'm talking about the notch that let's you see brass if there is a round in the chamber.

Speaking of the last round hold open (slide), I did notice several videos in which the slide did not stay open on the last shot. They were shooting several mags too and it happened to all the mags. I wonder if you can disengage that feature!

10. BFH

BFH Member

You should be able to remove it. I'm thinking about filing mine down a bit so it runs certain types of ammo better.

11. sdshipoint

sdshipoint Member

Not sure that I would want to disengage the last shot hold open feature. I think it does have benefits.

12. fyrebasher

fyrebasher Member

For those that have disengaged the LRHO what do you do at the range when slide must be back? Hold it open with the safety?

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Yes.............

14. bluharley

bluharley Member

Why would you want to disable that feature?

15. What people did for the years before LRHO existed.

That being said i see no reason to disable it.

I love it. Wish my phoneix 22lr had it

16. california: My daddy taught me something so that i dont have to worry about weather or not guns have this.

"treat every gun as if its loaded"

17. sdshipoint

sdshipoint Member

I think the chambered round indicator is used to confirm there is one in the pipe at a glance.

18. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Yep it helps you identify a chambered round in low light conditions also

19. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

It should also be tactile for any light condition.

20. onelife

onelife Member

I always have one chambered so I don't need it.