Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my purchase of HP 9mm carbine (I love it), I have been considering a C9 purchase (if I can find one). Me and a guy I work with got into a discussion about the reliability of C9. Then he said that he would put 1000 rounds through his Glock and I put 1000 rounds through my c9 and see which one breaks first. My question is can everyone give me estimates of how many rounds they have put through there c9 with no problem? How many shots during 1 visit to range, etc... If the carbine is a good representation of hi points reliability I would not hesitate to trust my life with it, does he want to trust its unreliability enough to try to come in my house at night unannounced?

·
Registered
191 Posts
He's a gun snob, pure & simple. Don't listen to him. People have put thousands of rounds through Hi-Points without a hitch.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
This is an easy one. After break-in of your C9, race him for pink-slips and FFL transfer. His Block agin your C9. Whichever jams first, goes to his friend!

EDIT: btw - I've got close to 2000 through 2 C9's......... my only problem with either was an ear-plug (don't ask), and a bad box of WWB (which I verified in 5 different guns).

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have about 750 through mine... after 200... one or two FTL's and 500 no more FTL's....

Now I just buy ammo, shoot 2 clips a week and save the rest. Getting harder and harder to find :(

Leroy

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well I say buy a C9 and race him. If all you are doing is firing 1000 rounds to see who's breaks first... then neither one of you will lose. If he wants to go through 1000 rounds with no FTF issues you might not want to take that bet... especially not before the break in period.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have well over 2k thru my C9. I did have to replace the striker spring around 1500 or so due to a couple light strikes. Total cost of the spring was $0.00!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have well over 2k thru my C9. I did have to replace the striker spring around 1500 or so due to a couple light strikes. Total cost of the spring was $0.00!!!!
And from what I hear, you get a new mag with every repair.

My HP has never broken, but thats the rumor.

Leroy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Depending on the ammo, it gets dicey after about 300 rounds without cleaning in our C9. I've gone 500 with no problems, but I usually start getting failures to eject after 300 or so (only stove pipe I have seen in the C9 happened at about 320). None of these were within one trip but after two or three trips.

Don't worry though, from what I have seen with Glocks, you are about even money as to who will have a problem first. Careful of the ammo.

Splitter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glock Guy = Blow Hard.

The Glock guys I know look down on my Kahr and Para-Ordnance pistols too. Nevermind that both the Para's and my new CF380 shoot better groups than a Block. Those guys'll never be pleased with anything but an ugly Austrian gun.
JD

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is an easy one. After break-in of your C9, race him for pink-slips and FFL transfer. His Block agin your C9. Whichever jams first, goes to his friend!

EDIT: btw - I've got close to 2000 through 2 C9's......... my only problem with either was an ear-plug (don't ask), and a bad box of WWB (which I verified in 5 different guns).
Now thats funny! I had an ear plug "incident" at the range the other day... I felt very stupid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finished off two boxes of Blazer and Winchester today that makes 1300 rounds
with my C-9 and i have had not one problem with it no FTF's NOTHING!!!,
I LOVE MY HI POINT!!!:cry2:

What is this break in period you speak of?!?!
Just kidding

YEEEHAWWW HI POINT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At one point, I had a Glock 23 and a Sig 220. Both were fantastic pistols, with neither exhibiting anything close to a problem. I totally understand why the people who have them love them so much.

However, from everything I've read and heard (from people who actually own them), HPs are fantastic as well. It's a shame that people cop and attitude because of the low cost.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I bought an 11 year old C9 in july 2008 and i personally have put 1700 rounds through it in the past 6 months. I have replaced NOTHING on it and as far as i can tell it has never been back to see Mom for a checkup. Also, I have no idea how many rounds have been fired through it before i purchased it.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I have rougly 10k rounds trough my C9. I think it was broke in around the 1st round cuz I have never had a problem with it. I've been tempted to say there was and send it back in for a good cleaning and maybe an update, but can't part with it for something so trivial. I also shoot the .40. Its been around since they start makeing the 40. When I compare it to my HK USP, there are definate diff. but still would not trade it it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
you can just about buy one of everything hipoint makes for what 1 glock costs glock is a good pistol but i actually like how the hipoint fits my hand better!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been to the range once with my new C9. I put 150 rounds through it withoua single problem. I am out of town for work, but brought the HP with me. Heading out to the local range tonight with a couple of guys from work. Neither of the guys have spent much time around pistols so I am sure they will both rent Glocks becuase of the name recognition. I will let them try my HP out for comparison. I am interested to see what a couple non-handgun guys think about HP when shot right after a glock. Also, something I found interesting is the range we are going to tonight has HP in their rental arsenal (www.northbranchbullseye.com/range_gun_rentals.cfm. Since I usually shoot at the local public range (they don't have rentals), are HPs in the rental stock typical?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The two guys from the office are now HP lovers. They chose the Glock like I expectied for the rental. I let each of them run a few magazines through the HP. One guy is going to the gun shop at home to pick one up and the other is going to try to talk his wife into letting him have one. :yay!: >:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Since I usually shoot at the local public range (they don't have rentals), are HPs in the rental stock typical?
The two ranges I've been to that rent don't have HPs in their rental stock. But they're both higher end gun stores and they don't carry HPs either. They rent the "nice" stuff that people want to buy after trying them. Glocks, Sigs, Para, Kimber, etc.

Wouldn't do them much good renting HPs. Too many people would want to buy them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.