Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first cutom build 10/22. The only thig left I would like is a Volquartsen trigger. I just bought this Green Mountain Heavy threaded barrel. I hope to go shot her this weekend!
Aries

·
Registered
205 Posts
beautiful can you get me a build list and sites where you got your mods i want another color though

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The only thing i dont like about the heavy barrel is toting that damn thing around. shooting jacks is a moving sport and at the end of the day, my old 10/22 with the stainless HB about kicked my arse. i love those Boyd's stocks though, i think that i have bought 5 or 6 during my days. with the Tacsol alum barrel, you can actually hold the gun with one finger and not have it give out. the can is heavier than the barrel! i'm shooting a bunch of subsonics and CB's tomorrow, it's a brand new can so i gotta break it in. the CB's i can shoot in the garage, just a primer charge and you have to hand cycle them, but they are fun!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Thanks guys :devilsidesmile: I bought a ruger 10/22 today just to build it into one of those toys. I love that stock!! I put in the paper work a few weeks ago for my tax stamp to buy a can. I am not sure whom i will be going with yet but i am thinking a T.I. can as i really like the gem tachs i want to be able to disassemble my can and clean it if i so choose. My first one is for a 22cal, I have two p-22's and a AR so it only seemed the right thing. Now i will have a 10,22 and likely a mini-14 by the time it all gets approved. If i like next cans will be in 45, for my XD, and 1911's. Thinking about a custom job for a 99f as well....damn shooting addictions...lol....

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
umm negative sir. all paperwork must be approved first. Also my can will be coming from a private sale. I have several options as to which to buy from the fellow. A seperate tax stamp is requried for each cal can you own/will own. You can not take possesion of the can untill paperwork is approved. Maybe it is diffrent in AK but i am pretty sure it is all the same as far as it is all fedral.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have 3 cans, i know the process. i buy from my LGS, the Form 4 has to have the s/n of the NFA item on it. since yours is coming from a private sale then you can just fill in the s/n portion w/o purchasing the NFA items first. I'm in AZ not AK. When buying from the LGS, at least here, you must pay for the item first, then the paperwork goes to Atlanta. the LGS holds the item until they receive the tax stamp, since they are the seller then you go p/u your stamp and NFA item. In a private sale the individual you are buying from has to be a class III dealer in order to sell it. it is not like buying a normal gun.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Thank you for explaining it. This is my first purchase. BTW I dont know if he is a class three dealer or not. I know he has a ton of cans and full auto stuff. Personally i think it is a bunch of BS that all this paperwork stuff has to be done in the first place. Anyhow i do appologise if i offended you oir if my post was misleading That was not my intention. And with the AK part I was refering nto myself. We really dont have any weapons-laws here. Pretty much anything goes. With the exception of all federal stuff of course. Like i said thanks for clearing it up. All I know is i had been talking to him for a few weeks at the range. He brought me the paperwork I filled out a bunch of crap then gave him a check to send in with the paperwork. The check was for $200.00. It has not been proccessed yet. But i was told that it could take up to six months!! Now i am wondering if we did something wrong or didnt fill it out correctly. Gawd that would suck to wait several months then ge it returned or something. If that did happen would i have to pay the fee again? Thanks again for all the information sir. -Bob

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
no you would not have to pay again. they will contact you if there is something wrong, i have the phone number at home if you do not have it so you can see where it is in it's process. once the NFA branch gets your paperwork and check, they usually cash the check within a couple of days. then it sits in a line until it gets assigned an examiner. it is assigned alphabetically by the name of the dealer. since my last one was bought from a dealer starting with "S", it went to Sandra Snook the examiner. after the examiner gets it, along with the 500 or so others they have, you just wait, and wait. you can call in about 45 days and see if it has been assigned or not. if it has, ask them the examiners name and then do a search of their average time to approve and you can get your turnaround time from there. once approved it is 3-4 days to mail, then you pick up paperwork and the product. ensure that you keep the original in a safe place and keep a copy with the weapon when you go out to play.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Thanks for the helpful info! As for the orginal i am thinking she is going in the safety deposit box. Would i have the copy noterized or anything? BTW sorry for the thread jack.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.