Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was looking at a Ruger Mark III .22, would like to get me a nice semi auto .22, is this a good choice? Was suprised at the weight of it but it felt good in my hand, Bass Pro wanted $299.00, I'm gonna do some more checking around before I buy anything. Any suggestions other than this, around $300 is the max I wanna spend, I'm not really looking for a tiny little .22 either.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Ruger .22. The Ruger autos are nice guns, I have owned several MKIIs over the years, current one a stainless 5" bull bbl. The MKIII has a couple "safety features" I dislike, namely the loaded chamber indicater and magazine disconnect (won't fire without a magazine in place) but that's just personal taste. OTOH, it does have the pushbutton mag release versus the heel clip on the previous models. If you get it, try a Hogue rubber grip for it. I have the one without a thumbrest, feels realy good. Check out rimfirecentral.com, they have all sorts of mods you can do to a Ruger to make it better.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I have a MK III 22/45 and love it! I put about 200 rounds through it last Saturday. Get some magazine loaders though, it'll help keep your thumbs from aching haha. Once I got the irons sighted in I put a red dot on it for fun. It's a fun little pistol, and I'd definitely recommend it. Other than 1 bad bullet so far I've put about 600 through mine and haven't had any problems. It's quite accurate (and mine's the 4.5" model) and comfortable to shoot. It is rather loud for a .22 though, so be sure to use hearing protection!

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I like 22/45 much more than regular mark. And 22/45 usually cheaper too. Anyway, $300 aren't a bad price in today's market. But if you can find a Mark II instead of III, 2 is much better gun then 3.

·
Registered
54 Posts
these are great lil guns. i bought a ruger standared modle off a guy i work with for $70 :D.
it has the fixed sights and has around a 4" bar.. i did find out that the mkII clips will fit in it
and they hold 10 rounds where the standard only holds 9. and the standard moldel dosnt have
the bolt stay open after the last shot fired. cant go wrong with one of these,great feel,accurate,and cheeeep to shoot
:D

·
Registered
557 Posts
I love the Standard/MkI/MkII/MkIII, but the grip angle never suited me. I don't like the Luger for the same reason either. I do love the 22/45-- say what you will, but St John made the perfect, natural aiming pistol in the 1911-- it is a standard that all automatics are judged by...

My vote is for the 22/45--- but with a slabside (if you can get it)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts