Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you say deal wise for a stainless 14 in need of a new gas block( parts only obtained by sending weapon to factory) needs good overall cleaning, some rust on barrel, stock OK for a gun made in 1981. Can get it for $200-250 price range. I have 2 already in great shape but just thinking on making it 3.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I don't think that sounds to bad of a price, but on the other hand the Mini 14 is one of the guns I am really wanting to add to my collection so that might be clouding my judgement!!! :D

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
iffy. total value of gun should not exceede 500$, even in todays inflated marketplace. depending on what the factory says gasblock reapir may cost, that could be a average to bad deal. unless its a rifle you;re dead set on owning, id probably pass.

SW

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will call Ruger on cost of part and replacing. Not often seen for sale around here or in my travels have I found many at all. Still tempted to offer $200 if repairs not outlandish. The parts list I looked up listed part at $25 but am sure the list was not a current one.Have no reason to think it is hot, but I always check numbers with police before buying used . I am looking for the MIni's to end up on a gun hit list and is another reason for the interest.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You don't have to send it to Ruger to get a gas block. Midway sells the Accuracy Systems Adjustable Gas Block for a Mini-14 for $108, in the white. And that is a very good gas block. So even with that you'd be getting it for around the $350 range, which, if the rest is in decent shape, is not a bad deal. I gave $450 for mine, 1990 model, with a few extra mags. And with scope, gas block bushings, etc. I've got about another $200 into it. Just my $.02.

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it for $200. Seller was in need of INSTANT MONEY. Now have to see about the gas block. Thanks for the info provided.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.