Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats your oppinion on these old guns. I got a chance to buy one for $70 off a guy i know.
It has fixed sights and around a 4 3/4" bar. It shows alot of wear on the back of the grip. Some surface rust.
I brought it home tore it all down and gave it a cleaning(hadnt seen daylight for years :D). Went and shot it today and shot the cap off of 2 soad bottles at about 10 yrds. Seems to still shot pretty good. Also does anyone know where a guy can get a extra mag for one of these.
Thx .

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
You got a deal, at least a $100 discount! Built like a tank, the originals from the 50s are still going strong so yours should last a lifetime or two. Ruger sells mags on their website, but you get a better deal if you order the individual mag parts and assemble it yourself. Go over to rimfirecentral.com, they should have the part #s you need to order.

There are 3 basic mags, the original standard/MKI, the MKII and the new MKIII. The MKII is the one to get, it holds 10 rds and works fine in the older ones, you just make sure the "button" on the follower is mounted on the right instead of the left.

You might want to look into the Hogue grips for these, I have a set on my MKII bull bbl.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx slim ill check in on the grips and the mags. thats cool that the mkii mags will work in it. since they are 10 rd instead of 9.
thx again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.