Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a Ruger p-95. Anybody have any opinions? Anybody had one?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Say what you will about Ruger, when Bil lhad it, he put out good guns...quality has slipped since, but Ruger is still a great brand.

Get it!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i love my ruger p94 .40sw... never had any problems with it...but mine is stainless and not polymer.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Very solid and well made guns, just not as accurate as I'd like. That said they are a good value and accurate enough for self defense.

Ron M.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very solid and well made guns, just not as accurate as I'd like. That said they are a good value and accurate enough for self defense.

Ron M.
I have heard that over and over, and I have to wonder why....

At 50 feet, I can shoot a group of ten in less then 2 inches, and at 15 feet, (most common HD scenario) I can dump the mag in less then 2 seconds and put them all in a 3 inch group at center of mass, with out using the sights. I know that means it is not a tack driver, and they are not all in one ragged hole, but I think that is accurate enough to not ever say it is not as accurate as I would like.

Take some time at the range and figure out your aimpoint, and what your sight picture should look like, and stick to it. I put in an hour and 200 rounds at the range with my tool kit and stock sights, and then ran a target out to 75 feet and put one slow fire shot square on the x. I don't know how much more accurate it could get......

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first gun was a p95dc. Great gun, sold it in tough financial times. Had to pay a bill to finish out my schooling. Got my hi point since and while I do enjoy it cant wait till I find another p95dc. Would buy one in a heartbeat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts