Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just got back from looking at one.i dont nkow how old it was but this one was looked
and felt like a toy.and the other one didn't fit good at all in my hand.but sorry i have no
experince with one.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I have one and love it. I bought it 19 years ago, and it's been good to me. I just had it out at the range Thursday. It's my primary home defense weapon. I have Crimson Trace grips on it, but I don't practice very often with the laser turned on. I think it's a great defensive pistol.

Ummm... I'm not sure how you mean "It felt like a toy". A solid, all metal frame. Double stack that fits the hand well. Good, comfortable grips. Nothing about the gun has ever made me think "toy".

Pros? Rugged and reliable. Some say overbuilt. Will handle any ammo manufactured to SAAMI standards. As I said before, fits my hand well with the double stack magazine. Never had a feed or eject problem that I can remember. Easily shoots 1 MOI (Minute of Intruder).

Cons? Some say overbuilt. It's a 9mm (if you're one of those people who don't like 9mm). Longer trigger pull than an HK. Can't compare it to a Glock, it's been years since I shot a Glock. (But, for home defense, I like the longer pull). Not competition accurate, but you're not paying $700.00 for it, either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.