Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Got one a few months ago. I love it. Great gun and for the price, in my opinion, there isn't anything better for the value right now. Sigma is in the same price range too. Used to have one of those and it isn't a bad gun, but I would definitely take the Ruger over it.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I also got a new P95 in the last few months. Has been great. Easy to shoot, strip, and clean. Eats whatever i put in it.

I checked out a S&W Sigma before i got the Ruger. Sigma was DAO,and i didn't want that in a semi.

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
I pick one up last spring. Great gun and lots of fun to shoot. I wish I had more Rugers.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Rugers are good guns but since the sigma was suggested thought I might give you another suggestion if you haven't made up your mind.
Stoeger Cougar / Beretta 8000. Same price range as the Ruger and originally built by Beretta. Now being produced by Stoeger a subsidiary of Beretta for half price.
Mine has been a great shooter.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I like the look of that Stoeger but the P95 is at Bud's for $300 shipped, I only see the Stoeger for $400. Am I missing a cheaper price some where? I'm leaning towards a P95 myself but I want to make sure I look at every option out there before I buy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also recently purchased the Ruger P95 new from Cabela's. Great shooter, nice size and handling.

Register the warranty on-line and get a 20% discount on accessory orders up to $100. Picked up extra 15 round mags with the discount.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I really like the Stoeger and I think it's pretty comparable to the P95 in size and everything. Cheapest I can find it around here is around the $399 range and I got the Ruger for $299. Would like to get one someday though. It's also a nice gun and another choice for you to think about. S&W has a deal on the Sigma now too, either $50 rebate or 2 free mags. With the rebate that makes the gun $269 here, LGS has 'em on sale. I kinda want to get one just to have.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Got my Stoeger for $340 at a LGD this year. Comes with two 15 round beretta mags and the warranty work gets done by Beretta if you need it. I did a little calling around for the right price.

·
Registered
308 Posts
DO IT!!! I own one and it is the best 9mm I have ever shot. It takes a little to get used to the trigger but it is easy maint. unlike the C9 where you need a phd to clean the stupid thing, I have not had a jam, feed failure, load failure, nothing at all in over a 1000 rounds. I clean it in 10 minutes or less, comes with two 15 rnd mags (except stupid cali). I got mine for 349.99 + tax and backround at academy sports, I would pay more for the pistol.. to me its that good.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Well I put my new P95 on layaway today, the local LGS gave me the same price as Bud's online plus the insurance and transfer costs so it worked out perfectly. At least the money went to the local shop. I can't say enough good things about US Guns in Kansas City.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Cool! You'll be pleased! Post a range report with your first impressions.
Well since I added a shotgun to my lay away plan at the LGS it may take a couple extra weeks :embarrassed2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts