Ruger PC CARBINE 9MM

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by collinjx, Feb 16, 2018.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

If you want a 300 BLK, AR Stoner 16" pistol length 1:8 chrome moly melonite is on clearance for $59.27.
    I have one and it will do 2 moa with me shooting irons. Overgassed with supersonic, but so is my carbine length 5.56. they share a lower and I fixed it with a H2 or H3 buffer. I forget which I put in it and I ain't dragging it out of the safe at 1am!

They also have their stainless barrels on sale.

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I have a dozen uppers with the coated insides that I can use. I just can't seem to bite the bullet and commit to it.

3. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Carbine and pistol length sharing lower??

4. greg_r

Pistol length gas.

5. daveindenver

daveindenver Supporting Member

- Ruger for Sunday's and Holidays when company is coming over.
    - HP's for in the dirt everyday fun. What a KISS gun! Over 1,500 rounds and all I do is snake and go again.

In my book if you're going to spend $500'ish then get a real rifle and not a PC carbine.

6. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    What about stock or OAL and such? Creates no issues?

7. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    It does appeal for mag and ammo sharing possibility apart from the takedown ability.

daveindenver likes this.
  8. greg_r

N
    None.

9. leeintexas

leeintexas Member

I made a choice over 1 year ago to buy the Hi Point 995TS and for everything I read so far, I see no reason to buy the Ruger. Well, not at this point. I am really happy with my 995TS
    Granted, I really do like the idea of being able to use a Glock magazine especially with the 33 round capacity and the take down part. I do own a Ruger take down .22 and love it.
    JMO
    God Bless (us all)

daveindenver likes this.
  10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Don't forget the 50 round drum too!

daveindenver likes this.
  11. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

I like my 995TS but have constant problems with the mags, to the extent I don't shoot it anymore and want to get rid of it. I bought it for HD and fun, and the constant issues make using it for either a non-starter. (Not an issue with my 4595TS.) So, I would love to trade in my 995TS and pick up a Ruger.

vboy36 and daveindenver like this.
  12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Called Hi-Point? They'll make it right.

daveindenver likes this.
  13. daveindenver

daveindenver Supporting Member

Well that is lousy! And not common at all from what is see on this forum and my own experience. Call Mom like cicpup says.

FYI, my C9 was giving me hell. I called and they replaced all the mags for free. That did not happen to solve the problem so they paid for shipping both ways and rebuilt the gun from the frame up. Now it's a champ!

14. greg_r

I am sort of on the fence. I want the Ruger carbine with the mag well for the American Pistol magazines. As a companion piece for my Ruger American Pistol Compact. But I have a deal with SWMBO. I can buy what I want, but no gun money comes out of the family budget, any purchases are funded by my "trading up" and my weekly allowance. (Yes, I work my azz off every day but SWMBO gets the money, I get an "allowance"). My Handi Rifle is down to a half dozen or so that I really want to keep. And I believe I want a 357 rifle more than I want a 9mm carbine. I may trade off the Handi's and upgrade to Henry Single Shots, but that's another story. Anyways, my purchasing is about done, or extremely slowed. Which one do I really want? This, Model 77/357 ? 7405.jpg

Or this, PC 9? 19100.jpg

To that end, I have been shooting my 995TS a lot lately. Trying to get it to screw up. It won't. So do I replace what I already have that works, or get the bolt action 357 that I don't have? I think the 357.

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

16. greg_r

I will admit that had the Mossberg Brush Rifle I have on layaway been available in 357, I would have gotten it instead of the 30-30.

But come on Moonz, you know that 77/357 is sweet!! :cowboy:

17. vboy36

vboy36 Member

I have mag issues as well with the 995. And I see you dont have mag issues with the 4595. I think the 4095 might be the answer for me (I have two 40 cal pistols). I don't think they have mag issues.

18. Tre995

Tre995 Member

Do you use the Redball 20 rd mags ? They work great for me.

19. Edknn

Edknn Supporting Member

What I like about the PC 9 is the easy take down. As far as travelling, it would be nice to be able to take it into a hotel, descretely, overnight instead of leaving it in the car. When vacationing for a couple months each year, I like to have more than just a couple hand guns at the condo we stay at .

20. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I got to handle the ruger today and wasn't very impressed. Maybe changing the OAL on the stock may help some. It did feel cheap though too,

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018