Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I dont understand...189 (NIB)+17.50(tax)+10(background check)+70 reddot+20 extra mag. In middle TN when you see one in the store it's a rarity. I dont see the need to sell it cheap just because it's a hi-point, In the current state the U.S. is in and the ban scare I feel I dont have to take a loss on any gun not just this one. If it doesnt sell because "it's too high" it will just go back into the cabinet waiting for another day of enjoyment, I am selling not because I need the money but I dont need another carbine.

Here is the pic's of my new carbine and it's little friend. they share the same mag's. (2) 15 rounders and (4) 10 rounders.

· Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
guess I'm a liar now...thats cool. maybe even a scam artist. this thread is getting rediculios. I needed the money from buying the pc9 but I dont need the money just to throw it away for 200 dollars. Like I said it will go back into the safe if its too much but I have 2 interested and it should sell this weekend. You would be walking away from a nice gun. But you already think I'm full of it...and thats ok. I feel I have vouched for my good ole boy status here in the Pay it foreward thread.

· Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
oh wait earlier I said it was going back in the cabinet but now I said it going back in the safe...ACK there i go dis-crediting myself again. uhhh ohh and I said it wasnt going to replace the 995...but it is. Guess I am a liar.

· Premium Member
2,832 Posts
I am not downing you, however you never (at least I never did) get money back out of all the add on's like scopes and lasers and lights, if you are able to recoup half of the original sticker for the toys you are a lucky man (in todays panic market it is possible) and the gun is used no matter how good the condition is, it would naturally sell for slightly less than NIB. If you can get all your money out of it with the added toys then you did great but you would have to find a buyer that didn't know any better. Also, not everyone has to pay for a background check, Ohio NICS is a 4 min phone call and free.

· Registered
60 Posts
With Hi-Point's warranty, is there really such a thing as a 'used' Hi-Point?

The OP will likely get the $275 he's asking, especially if he sells locally. Anyone who has paid an average retail price for just about any firearm three months ago or longer should not have any problem getting all that money back (or more) in this asinine climate.

OP - make sure you get the Hogue grips for your P-89. They make a ton of difference.

I have many, many firearms, and my P-89 is one of my all time favorites, if not my overall favorite. I have 9mm's that cost two or three times as much that just aren't as fun to shoot and as completely reliable as my trusty P-89. Mine has well over 20,000 rounds through it, is completely original (except for the grips), and still looks and fires like brand new. It has never misfired, misfed, stovepiped, or had any other kind of malfunction in it's entire life, and it will eat any brand of ammo I put in it.

I have never owned a more reliable or more well built weapon in my entire life, and I would not give up my P-89 for anything.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.