Ruger SR9

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ari, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Ari

Ari Guest

So anyone bought one yet? I have gotten to pet one and it did not seem to bad.

[​IMG]

2. I petted one too...didn't like the feel for some reason....like the feel of my old stainless P95DC.

Think I'm just gonna get another newer P95DC with the new stippled grip and accesory rail.

3. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    I too held one - haven't had a chance to shoot one yet.
    I do like it, but couldn't justify the purchase to myself.
    Grip was comforable, but felt too long for CC & I already have the 9mm 24/7 Longslide for a range gun.
    If I had lots of money lying around though, I would have bought it.

4. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

I handled one a while back and it just didnt feel right in my hand. Also kinda big for CCW carry like glenn said. If you want it go ahead, but make sure you have a chance to handle it for a bit first.

SW

5. Ari

Ari Guest

I just wanted to hear what folks thought. I wont be buying one. I already have a 1911 on order.

6. The one I petted at the Shot Show was pretty sweet. I liked the feel of the grip angle and the overall ergonomics of the gun itself.

7. elguapo

elguapo Guest

What you getting, Ari?

8. Ari

Ari Guest

RIA tactical.. I would have gotten a RIA GI but I could not see the sights. The Novac type sights I can see... Then you get so more for your money with the tactical.

[​IMG]

9. condition1

condition1 Member

looked at one, thought it looked pretty, held it, didn't fit my hand very well. and ++ on too big for carry

10. Dr. Dave

Dr. Dave Guest

SR9

I purchased one a little over a month ago...due to weather I haven't shot it as much as I would like. It fits my hand, and shoots smooth. As far as concealed carry it is so thin I can conceal it easily. It's not a pocket pistol but with 9mm and 17+1 capability, low weight and it's very thin profile, a light shirt, jacket or in the small of the back placement it is not noticeable at all.

BTW, Winchester White Box goes through it fine, no ftf, stove pipes, fte at all.
    Low recoil and it seems perfectly balanced, at least for me.

I love It.

11. Ari

Ari Guest

Too big for CCW? I found the Ruger very slim. That is one of the things I liked about it

12. Dr. Dave

Dr. Dave Guest

Pics!

It's very easy to conceal!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]