Ruger will NOT honor Marlin warranties

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by lklawson, Jan 25, 2021.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Ruger bought a lot more than just the equipment. They bought the Intellectual Property too. Ruger bought the name, trademark, patents, designs, model details, etc. Ruger bought everything that makes Marlin, Marlin.

I don't know if they made offers to the Marlin workers.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yes. Remington's top management weren't "gun guys." They didn't know the product, the culture, the the process, etc.

It took me a long time to forgive Ruger. It took Bill dying and years of his kids proving to me that they weren't social sell-outs.

And, yes, of course Ruger is in it to make a profit. I just think they missed an opportunity. I don't think they have any legal or moral obligation to honor prior warranties but I think that it'd be better for them if they did.

I also know that there was a lot of speculation over whether or not Ruger would honor those warranties. This just answers the question.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

bumthum likes this.

3. i don't blame Ruger for not buying liabilities. They bought the company to make money. I have a Golden 39M and any half-ass gunsmith can fix it for next to nothing because it is a great design. I don't expect Ruger to ask me to send it to them if it breaks. I don't really want Ruger working on it. They didn't design it or build it. Different strokes for different folks.

lklawson and OldOutlaw like this.